Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx
No, but focussing on low-density phases not walkable to your $250,000,000 transit expansion and not planning to build around said stations for A WHILE is something to chat about.
|
The staging of blatchford has felt a bit curious. The much more affordable and accessible options would be in the higher density areas closer to the train. I assume it was the easiest/most logical spot to start tieing into existing ifnrastructure that didn't require the same degree of upfront investemtn, but it doesn't feel like it gave the project a super strong start. Now there are elatively expensive options when the amenities haven't yet materialized.
But I'm not sure it would have made any more sense to try to build a bunch of higher density along a theoretical future LRT corridor. The desireability of the higher density sections feels kind of contingent on the train being there, and it is the backbone of all of the infrastructure along the east side of the site.
Does that mean there will be huge boom as soon as the LRT opens? Not sure its that easy but when a good portion of the community was planned around transit, I'm not sure if we can reasonably expect that community be substantially developed before we bother investesting in the keystone infrastructure. I'd actually argue that the LRT investment could have been more of a priority to support getting blatchford off the ground, not that we should be expecting TOD to materialize before we've bothered to actually put in the transit.