Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownpdx
I worked at a restaurant downtown for many years before covid and some Asian tourists came in, about 7-8 years ago, and asked how to get to Lloyd Center. I told them it was just a mall... not really worth even crossing the river. But had to laugh to myself that this was considered a must see attraction, still? It wasn't in nearly as bad shape as now but still not at all in its prime. It just needs to be demolished - and let's reconnect that neighborhood street grid, develop the movie theater lot, and give two sides of Holladay Park something lively and interesting at last. The Double Tree on the third side... well, maybe that'll be redesigned or meet a wrecking ball one day too, haha.
|
In the medium term I suspect the DoubleTree is a major redevelopment opportunity. It's very tired looking inside and in need of substantial investment, especially now that it's competing with the Hyatt Regency. According to the county, its market value is only $35 million, which I'd imagine puts it below the value of the land given that it's located on four city blocks.