Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87
I agree with this split (or maybe even with YYZ in another tier)
|
I would agree with placing YYZ as the only tier 1 airport, because they are in a world of their own, both in terms of passengers carried, and commercial aircraft movements. I think for us non-CBSA folk, passenger numbers are the most accurate measure to determine the tiers.
Tier 1 (30 million + passengers handled)
Tier 2 (10 to 30M)
Tier 3 (3 to 10M)
Tier 4 (1 to 3M)
Tier 5 (less than 1M)
YYZ as the only tier 1
Tier 2 would be YUL, YYC, YVR
Tier 3 would be YEG, YHZ, YWG and YOW.
Tier 4 would be YTZ, YQB, YYT, YXX, YYJ, YQR, YXE, YLW (and any other airport I forgot that had more than 1M passengers back in 2019, and surely will again).
The rest would all be tier 5.
These tiers make sense even on a CBSA, or at the very least, CATSA level I think.