HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2023, 5:05 PM
FarmerHaight's Avatar
FarmerHaight FarmerHaight is offline
Peddling to progress
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Vancouver's West End
Posts: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberdeen5698 View Post
I signed up for Car2Go once when my car was out of service for a few months. I only used it a couple of times, and both times I was super antsy because I was aware that every minute I drove cost me more money.

It wasn't a lot of money, and it wasn't really a rational reaction. But every time I had to stop for a traffic light or got blocked by someone who didn't have the courtesy to pull out of traffic and into the curb lane to wait for pedestrians before making their right turn made me anxious and way more irritated than when I normally drive.
It sounds like you're especially frugal. I would imagine a number of EVO drivers are actually more cautious because of their lack of driving experience so maybe that evens out the reckless bunch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
I drive every day to work, and I drive Evo's on the week-ends quite a bit. I definitely drive the Evo differently than my own car. I have a Modo membership as well, just so I have a truck or cargo van at my disposal if i ever need it.
I drive EVOs or rental cars or U-Hauls differently than I drove my own car too, but that's because I am unfamiliar with the vehicles and don't want to deal with the hassle of an insurance claim on a vehicle I don't own. So if anything I drive more cautiously in those vehicles.
__________________
“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a bike” – John F Kennedy
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:56 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.