Quote:
Originally Posted by teddifax
If this is just the start of car dealerships in Bayer's Lake. I had heard some time ago that there was a proposal for a Retail Car Mart there.... having said that now if that does happen, maybe Kempt Rd. can be redeveloped! I had heard that Kempt Rd. was zoned for High Density Residential.... That would be amazing if this were to happen... I wonder how much high density.... are there any height limitations here? Hopefully, there are no Citadel Hill View Plane restrictions in this area.... I can see the street widened and many people living there! Let's hope. The Bayers Lake area is much better suited for business/industrial than Kempt Rd.
|
There has been a car dealership in BL for close to 20 years, the Chrysler dealership across the street from the new Tower Hotel. It is a compromised location for many customers who live in areas where it is difficult to reach BL, though obviously it is a good location for those who live in the western suburbs or in certain areas of the peninsula.
I find it difficult to imagine why Volvo alone would need such a large location. However they are in a compromised situation at present in an older building without much lot space. Steele built the new Audi dealership a few years ago and they have been wanting to upgrade their Jaguar/Land Rover/Porsche/Volvo franchise experiences for some time.
Your comment that BL is much better suited for business uses than Kempt or wherever really makes me question the basis for such a statement given how horrible BL is to get to and then get around in.