Show is undoubtedly the best video game adaptation I've ever seen. The faithfulness to the source material is almost eerie at some points, episode 1 was full on deja vu. That being said every change they've made to make it work for tv is spot on. I'm not sure how it hits for people who haven't played the game, but like 5 times evey episode I'm giddy from spotting the references or how they've almost exactly recreated a set piece.
Whippersnapper, it's also a very original take on the whole zombie genre. Without going into spoilers, the mechanism for infection and behavior of the infected is very different from your Walking Dead/28 days Later/etc. style zombies. To say things are going to get dark is an understatement...
I am not a fan of the zombie genre but, The Last of Us is extremely well done and is a winner on it's own merits. Production values, story and casting are all top notch.
My biggest pet peeve is starting to watch something that isn't billed as having zombies, and everything seems normal for the first little while, and then all of a sudden... zombies!
I am not a fan of the zombie genre but, The Last of Us is extremely well done and is a winner on it's own merits. Production values, story and casting are all top notch.
Check out some of the cutscenes from the first game on Youtube. Bella Ramsey has absolutely nailed the part of Ellie.
My biggest pet peeve is starting to watch something that isn't billed as having zombies, and everything seems normal for the first little while, and then all of a sudden... zombies!
Flushe moi ça!
The only zombie movie worth watching is Shaun of the Dead. This is established fact.
Prefer the real skyline . Not sure if the snapshots are low quality but the matte painting doesn't look very realistic. It's weird seeing a half Boston half Calgary skyline lol!