Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00
You've clearly not bought pre-con residential.
The best part is that there's rumours that a lot of the condo game in Toronto and Vancouver is realtors getting high on their own supply. Many bought assignments hoping to flip. And they are now freaking out.
|
The article didn’t say anything so I assumed the default scenario of an existing house, but you’re right, that would explain it.
I’ve never bought anything that didn’t already exist (I have actually built, but never pre-sold my unbuilt constructions) but I’m familiar with the concept. (With larger condo buildings, you kinda have to pre-sell at least a chunk of the building, unless you’re Elon Musk.)
It’s logical that a smaller GTA builder would need to pre-sell a $2M house before building it, now that you mention it.
Anyway, I stand by what I said — if the guy wasn’t 100.00% sure he’d secure his financing, he totally should have stuck to making offers on existing buildings that didn’t require a sizable nonrefundable deposit.