HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 9, 2022, 11:59 PM

I don't really care so much about the height in this instance. These are beautiful renderings and will bring a ton of life to that block. Plus it's good to see that they still have plans to incorporate a grocery store, that's needed in the area especially since Lee's closed.

That block is going to be the hippest place in Salt Lake in 5 years.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2022, 12:25 AM

I agree with you Bob Ruiz! However, those taller buildings in block D still look like they are 30+ stories. One of them is supposed to be an office building so the height could still be there. I think if this happens, it will be the largest game changer for Salt Lake.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2022, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
I don't really care so much about the height in this instance. These are beautiful renderings and will bring a ton of life to that block. Plus it's good to see that they still have plans to incorporate a grocery store, that's needed in the area especially since Lee's closed.

That block is going to be the hippest place in Salt Lake in 5 years.
True. I like the renderings too. Don't get me wrong.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2022, 2:27 AM

Block D is still slated for 3 towers. A 26-28 story residential + hotel building. A commercial tower around 25 stories. The third is seen in the image directly east, across from the new mid block street. It looks to be roughly 35 stories tall.

Block D towers will all share a roughly 7 story parking podium with ground level retail. The tallest of the towers for Block D still looks to be around 375'.

I do think it will be nice to see the project completed. This would be the best and most dense collection of taller buildings, in very close proximity, in SLC. 185' Block C, 300'+ residential/hotel, 350'+ commercial, and around 375' residential. All really on roughly 1/4 of regular SLC block.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2022, 4:33 AM

When is Block D supposed to start/ be completed?

Old Posted Nov 10, 2022, 10:25 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Astra. Are they done with the parking levels?

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 1:08 AM

6th South Life Science Center

New renderings of what will be going up on the Red Lion hotel site. Wasn't able to post the other rendering because I'm doing this on mobile but here is the website which includes the PDF with more information. https://www.colliers.com/en/properti...18#RelatedDocs

FOR LEASE
1 of 5
161 W 600 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA
6th South Life Science Center
Office | For Lease: 335,000 SF
PRINT
VIEW DOCUMENTS
FOR LEASE

$43 - $45 / SF USD

Lease Rate: $ $43+ PSF NNN
Property Type / Life Science Office
Building Class – A
10-Story Planned Class A Life Science Building, up to 330,000 SF
Property Details
Features
•World-class Class A Life Science Tower slated to be completed September 2025.
•Floorplates are approximately 50,000 SF with the ability to multi-tenant on each floor.
•Development team includes a highly experienced design team capable of delivering turnkey lab space to the tenant.
•Covered / Secured Parking: Four levels of above ground secured and covered market rate parking. Two levels are fully convertible to future lab space.
•6th South Life Science Center is ideally situated with a centralized access to labor and the University Of Utah; close to the Urban Core, the Granary District already robust in Life Science company growth.
•Only minutes to Salt Lake International Airport with 94 non-stop passenger flights to 94 destinations in 6 countries.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 1:19 AM
Space Magi

Nice! I'm also noticing a sizeable (residential?) tower on the bottom right of the last image. May be the same one as on the left side of the second image.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Nice! I'm also noticing a sizeable (residential?) tower on the bottom right of the last image. May be the same one as on the left side of the second image.
Edit: Oops sorry I misread your post.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 2:19 AM
Space Magi

In other news, this is the final Utah state flag design that will be voted on by the legislature in January:

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 3:17 AM

I like it. I think that was one of the options I preferred when I did the survey. That would immediately give us one of the most distinctive state flags in the country.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 3:34 AM

I hate that flag with the energy of a million fiery suns. It's a complete crap design.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
I hate that flag with the energy of a million fiery suns. It's a complete crap design.
LOL. Pretty intense there. I think it looks pretty good.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 4:27 AM

While I wouldn't say the new flag is what dreams are made of, I will say that I like it. It says Utah with the mountains, beehive (industry), and red cliffs. But also says America with the red white and blue.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post
Astra. Are they done with the parking levels?
If you compare it to the renders it appears the parking garage is topped out. Wish we could say the same for the rest of the tower!

Red Lion hotel site:

I like the Life Science tower but I wish the taller curved side was facing the street. That said it will be a major improvement for the area. Curious to see more details about the future residential tower as well.

West Quarter:

I think the block C building is going to look sharp. I would like to see more renders of block D. I agree the images might simply be conceptual at this point. I'm more than ready for a tower with an interesting shape and crown. Hopefully block D delivers.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 5:10 AM

The primary thing I don't like about the chosen flag is the star below the beehive. Having a single small star creates a focal point and draws your eye toward it giving it too much weight/attention, it's not a good idea for designing a flag; I'd rather have the flag feel overall balanced.

Objectively I like the colors of this flag, however what I don't like about the colors chosen on this particular flag is that it doesn't remind me of Utah. This flag reminds me more of Texas more than Utah. I know the red is probably for the red rocks of Southern Utah, but I don't think of that when I see it. Maybe if it was a dark orange instead of red it would better represent and and remind me of southern Utah.

Last edited by Potgut; Nov 11, 2022 at 9:28 AM.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 3:06 PM

Yeah, The flag is too busy. Mountains, beehive, honeycomb border, star. Choose two things: Mountains and beehive. Or honeycomb and star.

It was my least favorite of the finalists. But I guess it's better than what we had before.

Last edited by freeshavocado; Nov 11, 2022 at 3:56 PM.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeshavocado View Post
Yeah, The flag is too busy. Mountains, beehive, honeycomb border, star. Choose two things: Mountains and beehive. Or honeycomb and star.

It was my least favorite of the finalists. But I guess it's better than what we had before.
It wasn't my choice either, and I agree it's a bit to busy. I don't mind it though.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 6:03 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
New renderings of what will be going up on the Red Lion hotel site. Wasn't able to post the other rendering because I'm doing this on mobile but here is the website which includes the PDF with more information. https://www.colliers.com/en/properti...18#RelatedDocs

I see they've deleted the 3 acre wind surfing pool. LOL. I'd say this thing gets redeveloped in the next cycle if we're lucky.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2022, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Same here. It is blandness on steroids. It couldn't be any less artistic or creative.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West