Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro
sometimes change is bad, sometimes it's good. thankfully much of the change that Boise has experience has been on the good side.
people often don't realize (or remember) how dead it was downtown 30 years ago. it was a sea of asphalt surface lots, run down warehouses, and empty storefronts. today it's vibrant, dense, and energized.
i just hope future development focuses on density so we can avoid gobbling up more rural land on the edges.
|
Oh definitely. My last post hopefully didn't come across as a "get off my lawn and out of my state" while shaking my fist in the air kind of post. I'm all for the growth. I still think Boise is an amazing place to live still, and some growth and change can certainly be valuable, but it's just crazy to look back and see how much of a different place it is than when I grew up here as a teenager (90s).
I'm in a Boise History Facebook group (I highly recommend it if you are on the platform) and it's insane to see how much this area has changed since the 30s/40/50s/60s. I can't imagine the change the local older residents have seen over the years.