Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin
|
Something about BILD's stats (the one quoted in the BlogTO post) doesn't seem right.
I'm looking at competing data and I don't see the same trends/figures at all.
TRREB: transaction volumes more like ~5,000 than ~300; prices down. This is for Greater Toronto, but even if BILD's data is just for the City, that would still be about half of all sales volumes.
MLS (you can download the .xls file): Both seasonally and non-seasonally adjusted prices across all housing types are down between August and September
It's worth mentioning that the MLS house price index regresses sale prices on a home's features, like square footage and number of bedrooms, etc., so it should - to some extent - control for wild swings in monthly prices due to overwhelmingly luxury products hitting the market.
TeraNet August-September prices down ~3%
I also checked HouseSigma, filtering for all homes sold in the past 30 days, and I get hundreds of listings for the City alone.
---
Knowing BlogTO, I bet they misquoted BILD's stats and didn't bother to fact check.