Tonight I had the pleasure of visiting your downtown for super. We tried out Monk10 at the Hilton Garden Inn. Great spot!
I know MonctonRad has commented on this before so I’ll echo their comments that Highfield Street needs better street lighting.
I could see the Three Sisters project in the distance and the size is awesome. Seeing the layout of your downtown reaffirms what’s been alluded on here before that a true downtown Moncton will be shaped in the ocean of what is currently surface parking. Main Street is wonderful but it doesn’t give the impression you’re in metro core of ~150,000.
With that being said I think Moncton should seriously consider planning and actually building the layout of the downtown. You have the population growth yet so many residential units are being wasted by these boring 6 storey cookie cutter boxes going up on suburban streets.
Anyways best of luck, I’m sure the next time I’m back there will be even more changes in the area.