HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #42961  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 7:40 PM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
8 10 11 12 9 7 6

The first 0C predicted low on now for Nov 1st.
Castlegar froze on October 19th, with a low of -0.4.
     
     
  #42962  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 7:41 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
Absolutely amazing day. Some highs around St. John's:

YYT (official station): 21.6 (humidex 26)
My station: 22.3 (humidex 27)
SHH's station: 24.6 (humidex 30)

Today is YYT's 79th day of 20 degree temperatures, which ties the record for most in a year (tied with 2012).
I can run ya down a sweater ya wants.
     
     
  #42963  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 8:26 PM
Denscity Denscity is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Laramidia
Posts: 12,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
Castlegar froze on October 19th, with a low of -0.4.
Ah well there you go. I was out of town and didn't check.
     
     
  #42964  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 9:22 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,340
Nice.



Also, Marty... I need your insight on this. I've seen countless articles over the past few years about how global warming is increasing average wind speeds here. I can't remember the last time I FELT wind. What is behind that discrepancy/cognitive dissonance?'

Also, why did NTV hire RT to make that graph? lol That 2011 47 is almost a 2021 69 lol
     
     
  #42965  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 10:40 PM
megadude megadude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: N. York/Bram/Mark/Sauga/Burl/Oak/DT
Posts: 3,681
Uh oh. What's going on with the stairs there? Time to demolish and rebuild? Looks like they've re-done the corners before but not lately.

They tore down the very wide wooden steps on the trail by my house and replaced with metal stairs recently. Now it doesn't look as rustic to fit in with all the trees and the creek.
     
     
  #42966  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 11:02 PM
megadude megadude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: N. York/Bram/Mark/Sauga/Burl/Oak/DT
Posts: 3,681
I'm tired just looking at those stairs. And I've climbed one of those pyramids in Mexico and did the CN Tower stair climb.
     
     
  #42967  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 11:10 PM
Architype's Avatar
Architype Architype is offline
♒︎ verified human
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 🍁 Canada
Posts: 14,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post
I'm tired just looking at those stairs. And I've climbed one of those pyramids in Mexico and did the CN Tower stair climb.
I think the most stairs I've climbed were the Statue of Liberty, and maybe Wreck Beach?
I took the elevators in the CN Tower, because I'm modern.
     
     
  #42968  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 11:30 PM
megadude megadude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: N. York/Bram/Mark/Sauga/Burl/Oak/DT
Posts: 3,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post
I think the most stairs I've climbed were the Statue of Liberty, and maybe Wreck Beach?
I took the elevators in the CN Tower, because I'm modern.
A month ago I was in Niagara on a Wednesday (that phenomenal day as evidenced from my personal pic of the river from ground level). I wanted to climb the Brock monument to get this view below. I was up 1/3 of the way and a voice said hello? You can't be here. So I had to come back down. He said the door was open because he was the structural engineer doing the annual check and he was on the outside when I had gone in. The website said it was open W F Sa Su. I called the park authority and they said yeah, that was a mistake. I politely asked them to fix it because I had just wasted half hour of driving out of the way and then 3 bucks on parking. I can't be the only one disappointed.

To get up from the whirlpool section of the Niagara Gorge is a workout too.











And regarding SHH's INFATUATION with stairs, he can walk up the Baldwin stairs in Toronto like in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World next time he comes 'round these parts.


https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/299982025179441493/

Last edited by megadude; Oct 27, 2022 at 11:50 PM.
     
     
  #42969  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 1:35 AM
mcminsen's Avatar
mcminsen mcminsen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Posts: 9,980


It's raining.

     
     
  #42970  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 1:53 AM
Architype's Avatar
Architype Architype is offline
♒︎ verified human
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 🍁 Canada
Posts: 14,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post


It's raining.

It's going to go on for awhile.

Vancouver Weather:


But at least the SUN appears on that graphic 5 times!!
     
     
  #42971  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 3:02 AM
Nicko999's Avatar
Nicko999 Nicko999 is offline
Go Chiefs!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 20,189
10C and sunny. A bit breezy but overall not too bad. It's awful compared to the last 5 days though.

Low of 7C this morning. I am pretty sure we will freeze in the next couple of hours, it's already 5C at 11PM and the sky is completely clear.

The warmspot was Cheticamp, NS at 23.3C.

Warmest low was Halifax (Dockyard), NS at 15.1C.
     
     
  #42972  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 4:04 AM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is offline
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,755
A bit wet this morning, but the day turned out pretty nice. High of 27c in Taipei.

























     
     
  #42973  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 6:24 AM
mcminsen's Avatar
mcminsen mcminsen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Posts: 9,980
Another soaker of a day.
The morning wasn't bad with a bit of sun poking through.
Then the rain and wind set in for the afternoon and beyond.
Overcast, rainy, blustery, chilly.

Thursday's high at Vancouver Harbour was 12 C, the low was 8 C.





English Bay Live Cam

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYY9dK99t-I

West End, Vancouver, Oct.27 '22, my pics


...



...

     
     
  #42974  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 8:55 AM
Tancredi's Avatar
Tancredi Tancredi is offline
Free Palestine & Ukraine
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Italy (Sicily, Palermo)
Posts: 1,817
I wish the great people of Taiwan good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
A bit wet this morning, but the day turned out pretty nice. High of 27c in Taipei.
     
     
  #42975  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 12:28 PM
q12's Avatar
q12 q12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,134
USS Gerald R. Ford coming for the weekend in Halifax on it's first port of call outside the U.S. This is the world's largest aircraft carrier, and the largest warship ever constructed in terms of displacement.

Sunny and cooler this am warming up to 12 and then warmer and sunny on the weekend.




https://twitter.com/mendel/status/1585972339669344259

Last edited by q12; Oct 28, 2022 at 12:48 PM.
     
     
  #42976  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 12:47 PM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
Currently cloudy and a cooler 11 at just after 10am. High already reached overnight at 17 degrees. Temperatures will fall to around 8 this afternoon, with clearing later in the day.

Looks like Montreal froze overnight. Toronto survives with a low of 1.3 degrees.
     
     
  #42977  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 12:52 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
Looks like Montreal froze overnight. Toronto survives with a low of 1.3 degrees.
Nicko will be wearing his black armband when he updates the freeze list.

The worm has turned here in Moncton. Currently +2C at 9 AM, only getting up to 9C today (which is actually seasonable).

Sunny all weekend with highs both days of 13C, which is seasonably pleasant weather.

Nice photos of the Gerald Ford. I am getting stir crazy in Moncton recovering from my bout with pneumonia. I might actually take a completely spurious and unnecessary drive down to Halifax this weekend just to have a gander.
     
     
  #42978  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 1:01 PM
q12's Avatar
q12 q12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Nice photos of the Gerald Ford. I am getting stir crazy in Moncton recovering from my bout with pneumonia. I might actually take a completely spurious and unnecessary drive down to Halifax this weekend just to have a gander.
Hope your feeling better MonctonRad, the Halifax Transit ferries will probably be one of the best ways to get up-close to this monster.

It's a whole U.S. strike force not just the carrier. A Danish war ship is coming in currently entering the harbour behind it.


https://twitter.com/tansley_adam/status/1585978197082247169



And 4,000 passenger capacity Norwegian Breakaway is also in port today:

     
     
  #42979  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 1:09 PM
Nashe's Avatar
Nashe Nashe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 3,079
I'd imagine the Atlantic coast of Canada has more armament temporarily protecting it than any other time in it's history...
     
     
  #42980  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 1:16 PM
q12's Avatar
q12 q12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,134
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.