Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal
Can't you complain about a service that doesn't serve your needs? Does the same rationale apply to transit? Many routes simply don't make sense. Do I need to take three busses so Octranspo understands my destination is popular?
Surely it's not only load factors. Granted it's different math for low cost carriers but the bold companies like Ryan Air launch routes that have almost no current passengers.
|
It's more than that and it's different when talking about an airline vs public transport. If a bus breaks down, I can call a taxi or an Uber. Taking 3 different busses to get from one end of Ottawa to the other doesn't take more than roughly 2 hours.
A direct to SFO takes about 5 hours. However, 3 plane transfers can take 12+ hours and the possibility of being stranded overnight if one gets cancelled. Longer range destination are an even bigger nightmare. So they are not exactly the same. So yes, I'm more likely to complain about air service that doesn't serve my needs over public transit that doesn't serve my needs. This scenario is hypothetical to match the same number of transfers. I know that it only takes one transfer to get to SFO.
In both scenarios, if no one takes the route, connecting or not, it will not be served.