Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernlad
I very much enjoyed my trip which was a mix of business and relaxation. I will say that Boise is a distinguished city in that the outdoors are so accessible, almost too accessible and what is right in town is amazing and so scenic. I saw several fly fisherman in the river right in downtown. That is gold.
The parks, the river, the bike paths, trails and easy-peasy laid back access to the mountains places you in a class of your own compared to some of us. Downtown, of course is a jewel.
|
The Boise River is one of the finest urban trout rivers in the nation and among the most scenic. The three forks of the River begin up in the Sawtooth Wilderness/Mountains and are in some of the most beautiful alpine scenery and are among the most rugged mountain areas in North America, all within the Idaho Batholith. The mighty South Fork of the Payette River also rises in The Sawtooths.
Glad you enjoyed your trip up here in the Northwest.