This site plan for Crombie's Sobeys Plaza on Vaughan Harvey Blvd shows what their ultimate plans for this development are:
The land between the Shoppers Drug Mart and the VIA station has had a "for lease" sign on it for the last couple of years. I had been assuming they were looking at a single pad site for some type of food establishment, but, looking at the site plan, it seems like they are planning a small plaza instead.
It is right across Canada Street from the main Sobeys Plaza building, and adjacent to the VIA station, so I think it could be somewhat attractive for certain small businesses such as a coffee shop. I mention this because of the VIA station (which is mostly busy with travellers using Maritime Bus). I could see passengers whiling away some time getting a coffee or snack here before boarding.
The second "future development" would be a much harder sell. It is hidden in behind the Shoppers, and has no street presence on Vaughan Harvey. In fact, given the steep embankment there (next to the railway overpass), it would be almost invisible to passing traffic. Good luck with this one..........