Y'all may get the impression I hate Calgary; not true: I was rather sad to leave the city for Edmonton on Saturday, 16th July. (OTOH, I was relieved to be escaping Deadmonton the following Monday morning.)
One of the most interesting new rental buildings I saw, CY 33 by rndsqr in Marda Loop:

The new library was disappointing: the location 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵, having the C-train underneath makes it exhausting circulating up through the library (I took the stairs), the books are an afterthought and then there's the depressing views of mediocrity going up around it:

My beef with Cowtown is ... why were so many heritage homes and buildings torn down for parking lots?
Iirc, this was taken from the Mission Safeway - I met a beautiful redhead here.

Somewhere north of the Bow River - Mt Pleasant/Tuxedo Park? I enjoyed driving around this area including Capitol Hill, Hillhurst & Rosedale

Here's an ugly one

I slept in my car right around the corner from this one in Eau Claire

Another ugly new rental on Bowness Rd NW - I stopped at Fringe Coffee. The neighbourhood reminds me of a larger Belmont Village in Kitchener.

Downtown Red Deer - old historic main streets that are mostly empty.

- maybe a new hospital building?

I am puzzled why downtown Edmonton around the Ice District is just an empty wasteland?