HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 29, 2022, 5:44 PM

Thanks for sharing. Those are some professional pictures! Nice!!

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 6:58 PM

New preliminary site plan review submitted for a 27-story mixed-use high-rise located at University & Myrtle (NWC) I believe the salvation army site. 281 market rate apartments and 7k SF of ground floor retail. Tempe is blowing up. BOOM

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 6:59 PM

Also proposed: "Seven-story mixed-use building located at the NWC of Apache Rd and McClintock Dr. The ground floor level will contain both residential units, retail, and community spaces for fitness and gathering areas."

If you want to search recently submitted proposals go here: https://epermits.tempe.gov/CitizenAccess/Default.aspx

Select "Preliminary Site Plan Review" then search and itll pull up the latest.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
New preliminary site plan review submitted for a 27-story mixed-use high-rise located at University & Myrtle (NWC) I believe the salvation army site. 281 market rate apartments and 7k SF of ground floor retail. Tempe is blowing up. BOOM
Quote:
Also proposed: "Seven-story mixed-use building located at the NWC of Apache Rd and McClintock Dr. The ground floor level will contain both residential units, retail, and community spaces for fitness and gathering areas."

If you want to search recently submitted proposals go here: https://epermits.tempe.gov/CitizenAccess/Default.aspx

There was a period there in ~2020 when it seemed like the pipeline was drying up, but it's booming again for sure.

On the Salvation Army site, I remember...several years ago I used to stop in there for coffee sometimes in the morning, and I shamelessly eavesdropped a little on a conversation about redeveloping the building. Will be cool if it finally comes to fruition.

And thanks for the site--one more place for me to putz around, haha. Looks like Hilo (Mill/7th) submitted a preliminary site plan review on August 1 as well. Hopefully that one moves soon too.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 9:42 PM

Looks like from the City site that there are also initial plans to put one of these on the roof of the Watermark:

https://rooftopcinemaclub.com/

It looks awesome.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
There was a period there in ~2020 when it seemed like the pipeline was drying up, but it's booming again for sure.

On the Salvation Army site, I remember...several years ago I used to stop in there for coffee sometimes in the morning, and I shamelessly eavesdropped a little on a conversation about redeveloping the building. Will be cool if it finally comes to fruition.

And thanks for the site--one more place for me to putz around, haha. Looks like Hilo (Mill/7th) submitted a preliminary site plan review on August 1 as well. Hopefully that one moves soon too.
Oh wow...nice to finally see movement on the Hilo. Like combusean, I thought this was dead as well. What a nice surprise...

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Oh wow...nice to finally see movement on the Hilo. Like combusean, I thought this was dead as well. What a nice surprise...
It was delayed cause the owner just bought the Jack in the Box next door, so it will be a different and larger building.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAZ View Post
It was delayed cause the owner just bought the Jack in the Box next door, so it will be a different and larger building.
Whaaaaat. Damn IndyAz, you're always dropping these nice bombs!!

They just recently did the reno too. I always thought they would never sell.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Whaaaaat. Damn IndyAz, you're always dropping these nice bombs!!

They just recently did the reno too. I always thought they would never sell.
I wonder if they are going to push for height & more density? Would be nice to see a proposal at least the height of the Westin or taller.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2022, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I wonder if they are going to push for height & more density? Would be nice to see a proposal at least the height of the Westin or taller.
They can't push too much because that lot requires step backs along Mill. I believe they did increase the height from the original 11 stories up to 14 stories, plus doubling the footprint.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2022, 12:42 AM

Also looks like the ex-Albertsons at Rural and Guadalupe will become ANOTHER Eos Fitness. That's in addition to three others in south Tempe/Chandler (Warner & I-10, Warner & Guadalupe, Rural and Ray).

And there's a review for a planned White Castle near the ChopShop/AT&T building at Warner and I-10.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2022, 8:04 PM

Anyone else bothered by how slow the Novus micro apartment development has been? They broke ground well over a year ago and they are still only on the 2nd floor. Might be a slower project than The Pier....

Old Posted Aug 9, 2022, 5:31 PM

Quote:

Another site plan review submitted for across the street from this one, on the SWC of Apache/McClintock.

Quote:
New mixed-use development (multifamily residences, street-level retail, and street-level live-work units).

Old Posted Aug 11, 2022, 1:58 AM

How many times do developers have to go before the Dev Review Committee? Does every project start with a Development Plan Review or something before that?

If the committee approves the development plan review, and the zoning change request, what then?

Old Posted Aug 11, 2022, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurjKhalifa2Builder View Post
How many times do developers have to go before the Dev Review Committee? Does every project start with a Development Plan Review or something before that?

If the committee approves the development plan review, and the zoning change request, what then?
Yes, all major projects go to DPR, only projects or renovations can be administrative/staff level approvals.

DPR is essentially a preliminary design review / entitlement approval that really only reviews site design and building elevations.

Once you receive DPR Approval, the design / development team moves to full Construction Document design phase and will submit for full site and building permits. CD phase includes full structural, interior design, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, architectural, civil and landscape. The CD phase can easily take 3-4 months or more plus City review times which are about 2-3 months (pending the client hasn't released the team to start full deign at risk concurrently during DPR phase). Hope that makes sense!

Old Posted Aug 12, 2022, 5:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAZ View Post
Yes, all major projects go to DPR, only projects or renovations can be administrative/staff level approvals.

DPR is essentially a preliminary design review / entitlement approval that really only reviews site design and building elevations.

Once you receive DPR Approval, the design / development team moves to full Construction Document design phase and will submit for full site and building permits. CD phase includes full structural, interior design, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, architectural, civil and landscape. The CD phase can easily take 3-4 months or more plus City review times which are about 2-3 months (pending the client hasn't released the team to start full deign at risk concurrently during DPR phase). Hope that makes sense!
It does make sense, thanks a lot

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 7:57 PM

When do you guys suspect they will begin on the next phase of Novus near and around the multipurpose arena? I would think they will wait until after this years season before doing more demo of the track and baseball fields. Maybe one of y'all can work your research magic and dig up something

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 4:17 PM

Looked like they were getting ready to jump the crane at the Pier (one last time?) this weekend. They had a new section staged out there on the building's middle section. I'd have to imagine they're getting close to topping out the east tower.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
Looked like they were getting ready to jump the crane at the Pier (one last time?) this weekend. They had a new section staged out there on the building's middle section. I'd have to imagine they're getting close to topping out the east tower.
Yeah, if I remember right, it's supposed to be 24 stories, and I counted 20 complete and working on no. 21 when I rode by the other day.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Yeah, if I remember right, it's supposed to be 24 stories, and I counted 20 complete and working on no. 21 when I rode by the other day.
Does anyone know the height of the Pier Tower? 300 feet? 280 feet?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest