I'll disagree on a couple of points
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr
Because Denverite dog-whistles everything they write now to have a far-left Boulder-eque tilt. And they have an absolute hard-on for showing how actions might screw the little man. An example is there recent piece on the sidewalk ballot. Focusing on a corner house in Bear Creek that has extra frontage without mentioning that most households with such long frontages would be in higher-income neighborhoods such as Virginia Vale, Crestmoore, etc. Next they'll be a mention of sidewalks taking away from neighborhood character.
The quality of writing went down when Sachs left.
|
I don't particularly miss David Sachs although to be fair much of his writing on Denverite was good. But he too often retained his penchant for distortion and bias.
I recall praising the site maybe 9 months ago for some excellent in-depth pieces but I'll agree that they seem to have reverted to their too-liberal DNA.
Nathaniel Minor who often writes about transit is generally quite good - although he will include an 'obligatory' urbanist slant on occasion. His sidewalk piece is a mixed bag but he gives both a good example and bad for liking the sidewalk proposal or not. With respect to using linear feet IMO they should have capped this so somebody living at Bates and Sheridan wouldn't have such a big burden. Speaking of Sachs, he had a favorite stretch of missing sidewalk along So Sheridan he proudly displayed frequently. Turns out that particular stretch involved three different jurisdictions that he overlooked with the lacking sidewalk side of the street not even in Denver.
I have enjoyed the writing of Esteban L. Hernandez. He also wrote the political piece for AXIOS which I found to be 'descriptive' but not biased.
Apparently DOTI will make 'observations' should this proposal make the ballot. I look forward to this.