No surprise the China routes are axed, it's a result of the Draconian measures taken by China to cover up their charade of controlling COVID. Don't think these routes will be back to normal for a while. But happy to see AUS and YHZ sticking around, both very desirable destinations for YVR so good to see the indicators are supporting the routes.
MEL, TPE, SJC, DFW are not surprising, I thought they had already been given the formal chop anyways. SJC I hope comes back, and eventually MEL as well, but TPE and DFW I am OK with the competition sticking around more. I'd rather hold on to CI and BR, so if losing AC means those to stay, I'm ok with it. And DFW is really an AA route and always has been, it's their marquee route. So again, I'm good with them having it and supporting it. But SJC and MEL were AC routes through and through, no competition and were really part of the Pacific hub, so really hope these are the first ones to come back.
For summer 2022, looks like a few small updates. Flair has dropped ANC as far as I can see, leaving AC the sole carrier on the route once again. AC has upgauged one of the daily SAN flights to mainline A320, the other flight still on a CR900. AC has upgauged one of the 4 daily flights to SFO back to mainline A320, had previously been a Jazz CR900. Some minor changes that were partially mentioned before, the aircraft mix on LAS, LAX, and SFO has changed slightly. So the AC summer sched looks like:
ANC - 1x daily 737 MAX
AUS - 4x weekly 737 MAX
BOS - 1x daily 737 MAX
ORD - 1x daily 320
DEN - 2x daily CR-900
HNL - 1x daily 737 MAX
OGG - 1x daily 737 MAX
LAS - 1x daily 321
LAX - 3x daily 737 MAX, 1x daily 220, 1X daily 321
EWR - 1x daily 737 MAX
PHX - 1x daily CR9
PDX - 3x daily DH4
SAC - 1x daily CR-900
SAN - 1x daily 320, x1 daily CR-900
SFO - 2x daily 737 MAX, 1x daily 320, 1X daily 220
SNA - 1x daily 737 MAX
SEA - 5x daily DH4
Definitely decent for the first year out of COVID-ish.. Nice seeing the level of mainline service, 19 flights on most days, to twelve destinations. Obvi still room for improvement, but a good schedule overall all things considered.
Last edited by zahav; Jun 5, 2022 at 8:55 PM.
Reason: Added PHX to list
|