HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3541  
Old Posted May 18, 2022, 7:31 PM
Wdclement's Avatar
Wdclement Wdclement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------

OFF TO IRAC WE GO!!

I was right!!

North-end Charlottetown residents make appeal to change plans for neighbouring subdivision

CBC NEWS PEI

MORE HERE >https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-hidden-valley-subdivision-1.6455605

150 people signed a petition to get city hall to stop the development and have also filed an appeal to IRAC. As one person said, "we're not against development.......!" but not in my backyard, right!
Maybe we need to get a petition started on how many people are looking for a place to live in Charlottetown. I bet it would be 20x more than the 150 signatures trying to stop it.
reading this I can see that the gov is saying that there can not be any access to Hwy#2, why is this?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3542  
Old Posted May 18, 2022, 7:35 PM
Wdclement's Avatar
Wdclement Wdclement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
1 on the Clyde River overpass
2 on Cornwall road overpass
2 in subdivision you mention
North River 5 way
Causeway factory shops
Capital & upton
Upton & the bypass
Airport
4 in east royalty on route 2
2 between the bridge and hospital
Farmers market
Allen & mount Edward
New 5 way roundabout in Sherwood
Stratford TCH
That makes 20, I’m pretty sure I got them all.
Soon there will be two in Stratford, the new roundabout will be near the new Shoppers that was built with an access road connecting to Glen Stewart Dr.
So that would be 21 in the Greater Charlottetown Area, not including two more that will be built summer 2023 on Grafton St by the Wendy's.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3543  
Old Posted May 18, 2022, 8:08 PM
billy1 billy1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
1 on the Clyde River overpass
2 on Cornwall road overpass
2 in subdivision you mention
North River 5 way
Causeway factory shops
Capital & upton
Upton & the bypass
Airport
4 in east royalty on route 2
2 between the bridge and hospital
Farmers market
Allen & mount Edward
New 5 way roundabout in Sherwood
Stratford TCH
That makes 20, I’m pretty sure I got them all.

2 on the Clyde River overpass Cornwall
Reta Gerry Lane Stratford
MacKinnon Drive Stratford
Creek Side Drive Stratford
Oak Drive Charlottetown

Last edited by billy1; May 18, 2022 at 8:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3544  
Old Posted May 18, 2022, 9:19 PM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1 View Post
2 on the Clyde River overpass Cornwall
Reta Gerry Lane Stratford
MacKinnon Drive Stratford
Creek Side Drive Stratford
Oak Drive Charlottetown
I did not know about these ones and was generally just using google maps to search. On the satellite pictures, it only shows one overpass in Clyde River so I assumed there to be only one. There’s more than I thought. When you count the rest of the province, there must be more per capita than anywhere’s else in Canada.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3545  
Old Posted May 19, 2022, 12:40 AM
billy1 billy1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I did not know about these ones and was generally just using google maps to search. On the satellite pictures, it only shows one overpass in Clyde River so I assumed there to be only one. There’s more than I thought. When you count the rest of the province, there must be more per capita than anywhere’s else in Canada.

I'm probably missing some myself. By the end of the year, I'm sure we will be pushing 30.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3546  
Old Posted May 19, 2022, 12:44 PM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1 View Post
I'm probably missing some myself. By the end of the year, I'm sure we will be pushing 30.
Is there other ones the province or city plans on building this summer? What’s your thoughts on having some more on the bypass. I think there should be one at the hospital, one at Acadian drive, the traffic light at Southgate should become a pedestrian overpass and Patterson should be connected to Kensington and a roundabout added there.

Ideally there would be interchanges but the province seems to be unwilling to spend that kind of money on the bypass, as seen with the st Peters road intersection.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3547  
Old Posted May 19, 2022, 1:38 PM
billy1 billy1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Is there other ones the province or city plans on building this summer? What’s your thoughts on having some more on the bypass. I think there should be one at the hospital, one at Acadian drive, the traffic light at Southgate should become a pedestrian overpass and Patterson should be connected to Kensington and a roundabout added there.

Ideally there would be interchanges but the province seems to be unwilling to spend that kind of money on the bypass, as seen with the st Peters road intersection.
There was talk of adding one at Longworth and Euston and one is planned for Belvedere Ave. and St. Peters Rd.

They are also redesigning a portion of University Ave. this summer, not sure if that includes roundabouts. There will surely be more roundabouts in new subdivisions this summer as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3548  
Old Posted May 19, 2022, 3:22 PM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1 View Post
There was talk of adding one at Longworth and Euston and one is planned for Belvedere Ave. and St. Peters Rd.

They are also redesigning a portion of University Ave. this summer, not sure if that includes roundabouts. There will surely be more roundabouts in new subdivisions this summer as well.
Long worth and Euston makes a lot of sense, and Belvedere & St. Peter’s is the new 5 way one. Mount Edward & St. Peter’s road would make a lot of sense too. There is several intersections on Queen street that would make good locations too.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3549  
Old Posted May 19, 2022, 5:22 PM
Ryan23 Ryan23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Stratford pe
Posts: 84
There is all stop signs at Longworth now. I am wondering if they are starting one there now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3550  
Old Posted May 20, 2022, 1:34 AM
TGK TGK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 322
Common Name
Pooles Corner
Baldwins Road
Montague old liquor store
Travellers Rest
Oleary
Granville Street
Slemon Park
Grand River
Bloomfield
Pope Road
Newton Road, Kinkora
Allen Street
Belvedere
Riverside 1
Riverside 2
Upton Road
Maypoint
Milky Way
North River
Caledonia
Norwood Road
Oakland Drive
Angus Drive
MacWilliams Road
Stanley Bridge
Oyster Bed
Mason Road
Glenstewart Drive
Mermaid
Brackley Point Road
Cornwall Road / Highway (2)
Wheatley River
Clyde River / Highway
Mercedes Drive, Cornwall
Picton Beete and Creekside, Stratford
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3551  
Old Posted May 20, 2022, 12:31 PM
billy1 billy1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 501
Picton Beete Stratford
Bunbury Rd. Fort Augustus Rd.

2 more for the Greater Charlottetown total.

It also appears a roundabout for Euston and Longworth Ave. is under construction now.

Last edited by billy1; May 20, 2022 at 3:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3552  
Old Posted May 20, 2022, 3:45 PM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
There is so many roundabouts I didn’t know about in PEI! I grew up pretty close to the first one they built in Travellers Rest. I remember prior to that one being built there was talk about reads corner and Peter Pan corner getting them, but they ultimately went with traffic lights.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3553  
Old Posted May 20, 2022, 9:24 PM
TGK TGK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1 View Post
Picton Beete Stratford
Bunbury Rd. Fort Augustus Rd.

2 more for the Greater Charlottetown total.

It also appears a roundabout for Euston and Longworth Ave. is under construction now.
Euston / Longworth is still going to be signalized, but they’re removing the flashing red and slightly adjusting to alignment so turning right off Longworth onto Euston feels more like turning/switching streets.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3554  
Old Posted May 22, 2022, 12:41 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGK View Post
Euston / Longworth is still going to be signalized, but they’re removing the flashing red and slightly adjusting to alignment so turning right off Longworth onto Euston feels more like turning/switching streets.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3555  
Old Posted May 22, 2022, 7:18 PM
TGK TGK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
I believe this plan was scrapped, too. ADL had issues with the mountable curbs preventing them from navigating the area with their tractor trailers. BUT I am not 100% sure of this, just something I heard. We will know soon enough.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3556  
Old Posted May 23, 2022, 10:19 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGK View Post
I believe this plan was scrapped, too. ADL had issues with the mountable curbs preventing them from navigating the area with their tractor trailers. BUT I am not 100% sure of this, just something I heard. We will know soon enough.
Oops, I meant to add to my post that this is the only design I could find on the redo of Kens corner. However, I too did hear of issues on it. My main reason to post this was to show there was no interest in a roundabout.
So if anyone can find a different design please post.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3557  
Old Posted May 23, 2022, 6:21 PM
TGK TGK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
Oops, I meant to add to my post that this is the only design I could find on the redo of Kens corner. However, I too did hear of issues on it. My main reason to post this was to show there was no interest in a roundabout.
So if anyone can find a different design please post.
The archived tender doesn’t include any drawings, but the awarded cost is under $400k, and the work description isn’t too extensive. Basically sounds like they’re moving the traffic lights back a bit, installing new lights, probably left turns, etc. It’s basically an upgrade like they did at Pownal/Euston years ago (which is now the worst set of lights downtown, they’re 100% timed, no traffic sensing, so you wait while noting is moving).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3558  
Old Posted May 23, 2022, 6:56 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGK View Post
The archived tender doesn’t include any drawings, but the awarded cost is under $400k, and the work description isn’t too extensive. Basically sounds like they’re moving the traffic lights back a bit, installing new lights, probably left turns, etc. It’s basically an upgrade like they did at Pownal/Euston years ago (which is now the worst set of lights downtown, they’re 100% timed, no traffic sensing, so you wait while noting is moving).
I agree with the Pownall/Euston lights, terrible setup! Its any wonder they didn't do the same at Prince/Euston when they upgraded that intersection. They are laid out about the same.
It'll be interesting to see how much they can screw this one up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3559  
Old Posted May 23, 2022, 10:43 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,538
Nice to see a service station return to the downtown. However, I would have preferred it to be in another area. The Great George street section from the corner of Fitzroy and Euston would have been prime land for a business/apartment/condo complex for the downtown area.

APPROVED

184 Great George Street
Interior and exterior renovations to service station
Pedram Varjavand c/o EXP Services Inc

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3560  
Old Posted May 23, 2022, 11:11 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,538
Kreative Acres Corp. Building Expansion

Kreative Acres Corp. is expanding their current building at 85 Maple Hills Ave by 6,500 ft2 (604 m2) to the West. The additional space in the building will be used as a storage warehouse. Mitigation measures that will be implemented during the course of the project include the reuse of excavated earth on site and the disposal of construction debris in accordance with local regulation.

Charlottetown Airport Authority intends to make a determination regarding whether the carrying out of the project is likely to cause significant adverse environmental effects. To help inform this determination, Charlottetown Airport Authority is inviting public comments until May 13, 2022 at 4:00 PM ADT respecting that determination.

Nothing as yet on any public comments. More to follow at a later date.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:08 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.