HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #19741  
Old Posted May 7, 2022, 8:24 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
I think this is the best edmonton skyline shot I've ever seen. The perspective is perfect.
     
     
  #19742  
Old Posted May 7, 2022, 8:28 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
     
     
  #19743  
Old Posted May 7, 2022, 9:43 PM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is offline
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
I think this is the best edmonton skyline shot I've ever seen. The perspective is perfect.
Indeed. That shot is something special.
     
     
  #19744  
Old Posted May 7, 2022, 11:03 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is online now
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,664
add me to the list of people thinking that this Edmonton shot is one of the best ever
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. (Bertrand Russell). Sweet Loretta fart thought she was a cleaner, but she was a frying pan. (John Lennon)
     
     
  #19745  
Old Posted May 8, 2022, 2:51 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
I agree with others about the Edmonton shot. Curious to know why the new residential skyscrapers have so few lights on? They gave been occupied long since, correct?
     
     
  #19746  
Old Posted May 8, 2022, 4:03 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,132
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #19747  
Old Posted May 8, 2022, 7:48 AM
biguc's Avatar
biguc biguc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: pinkoland
Posts: 11,905
That Edmonton shot is incredible. Something about backlit skylines--same goes for that really nice QC shot a few pages back. The Edmonton photo shows how Edmonton belongs in the big 5 Canadian skylines. The QC photo how QC is the best of the rest
__________________
no
     
     
  #19748  
Old Posted May 8, 2022, 1:30 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,536
Charlottetown 05/05/2022

     
     
  #19749  
Old Posted May 9, 2022, 4:42 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Ottawa. Centretown ad Dow's Lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbOttawa View Post
From a few nights ago - looks like they're working the final floor now and I imagine it will top out shortly after the crane strike is over.



Full
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggie View Post
A couple from today:

     
     
  #19750  
Old Posted May 9, 2022, 4:45 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,242
Cool Edmonton shot!
     
     
  #19751  
Old Posted May 9, 2022, 4:56 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
     
     
  #19752  
Old Posted May 10, 2022, 3:18 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,132
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #19753  
Old Posted May 10, 2022, 8:44 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,895
some great pier and sunset action.
     
     
  #19754  
Old Posted May 10, 2022, 8:56 PM
GeneralLea's Avatar
GeneralLea GeneralLea is offline
Midtowner since 2K
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midtown Toronto
Posts: 5,980
I agree with the other members here in saying the image of Edmonton above is excellent. The lighting conditions and perspective create somethign incredible....I can't imagine how much more substantial this view may be 20 years down the line. Gorgeous image.


I really love that image of Ottawa with the nearly topped out building, the framing of the image with the varying architectural periods represented reminds me more of a city in the Northeastern US.

I must also say that it's quite something to see that pier in Montreal. I never seen it, so to see it in an image, with the skyline in the background is rather moving. The three cranes in the distance which line up so well adds an interestign touch to the composition.
__________________
"Living life on the edge"

Last edited by GeneralLea; May 10, 2022 at 9:55 PM.
     
     
  #19755  
Old Posted May 10, 2022, 9:15 PM
905er's Avatar
905er 905er is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
I agree with the other members here in saying the image of Edmonton above is excellent. The lighting conditions and perspective create somethign incredible....I can't imagine how much more substantial this view may be 20 years down the line. Gorgeous image.


I really love that image of Ottawa with the nearly topped out building, the framing of the image with the varying architectural periods represented reminds me more of a city in the Northeastern US.

I must also say that it's quite somethingt to see that pier in Montreal. I never seen it, so to see it in an image, with the skyline in the background is rather moving. The three cranes in the distance which line up so well adds an interestign touch to the composition.

This is so agreeable!!.. we don't see that very often with all our varying opinions.. kinda refreshing to see
     
     
  #19756  
Old Posted May 10, 2022, 9:31 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,132
#SSPTeamHug!
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #19757  
Old Posted May 11, 2022, 4:45 PM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is offline
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,748
     
     
  #19758  
Old Posted May 11, 2022, 5:25 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,895
this page is insanely good.

I don't recall seeing this angle before. it's perfectly balanced with the skyline as the main focus, the mountains, the sky, the sea and, merchant shipping.
     
     
  #19759  
Old Posted May 11, 2022, 6:55 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is online now
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,664
Amazing Van shot
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. (Bertrand Russell). Sweet Loretta fart thought she was a cleaner, but she was a frying pan. (John Lennon)
     
     
  #19760  
Old Posted May 11, 2022, 7:40 PM
ssiguy ssiguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: White Rock BC
Posts: 11,983
Great Vancouver shot!!
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:30 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.