Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet
I think it's clear to everyone on who the team needs to build around. Maybe just not the team yet. I dont know.
Scheifele will fetch a huge haul. Wheeler demoted to 2nd/3rd line role for the remainder of his days. I'd like Stastny to sign and play a lower role on the team. Good mentor for the young guys. Perfetti was looking great before the injury and can step into the 2C role with some more seasoning. If Scheifele goes, the 2C role needs someone and I'm just not sure either Perfetti (yet) or Stastny are it. Maybe I'm underselling Perfetti at this point.
|
What — is we finally have real C depth. But if we trade Sheif we would want a 2C in return. If not, it would be pretty important to resign Statsny who played great this season. And while he's aging, he's fit and very smart and could be a great mentor for someone like Perfetti.
It would — to start the season with Stastny and Perfetti rotating the 2C and it not work out. But I fear Chevy's answer would be to sign a crappy veteran and force him into that role even if he —.
I saw a great tweet thread today that was true. The Jets management lie to the fans. There is something rotten on this team. We dont expect them to air the dirty laundry in public but they also dont seem to deal with it. And it festers until you have Kane or Laine or Trouba or whatever...Scheif now.
Stop lying to us. Fix it. I worry that Chipman is close to Sheif and just wont let him go. I dont know.