HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3481  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2022, 5:33 PM
Ryan23 Ryan23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Stratford pe
Posts: 84
Saw a foundation almost done on that new street up from Toyota by the trail. Is this called St Martha's there is no street sign?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3482  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2022, 10:22 PM
Just an Islander Just an Islander is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 133
Did anyone hear that Pizza Hut may be coming back and going out on Capital drive and if so who is going to run it?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3483  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2022, 11:54 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Wasn’t there supposed to be an Eastside Mario’s and a Wendy’s open in the mall parking lot. I wonder if the Mikes building could be used for Eastside. I’m not positive but I believe it was part of the mall property.
I'm not sure if this is the Wendys/Tims or the BMO that is fenced in the mall parking lot where work has started to dig a foundation.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3484  
Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 12:27 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan23 View Post
Saw a foundation almost done on that new street up from Toyota by the trail. Is this called St Martha's there is no street sign?
Yes it is.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3485  
Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 12:29 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just an Islander View Post
Did anyone hear that Pizza Hut may be coming back and going out on Capital drive and if so who is going to run it?
Too many pizza joints in one place. I would think a store in Stratford or over in the East Royalty area may be better. Lots of development in both areas.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3486  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 12:01 AM
Ryan23 Ryan23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Stratford pe
Posts: 84
I think it's the new Bank of Montreal. The big apartment up by bed bath and beyond is supposed to be open next month. I hope the Stratford starbucks opens soon..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3487  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 7:46 PM
Just an Islander Just an Islander is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 133
I see Paul's flowers are going to be moving back from the Temp location at the Dutch Inn in Cornwall to the building on University Av where they were before. The building that is being renovated and going to also be housing Mary Maids.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3488  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2022, 3:18 PM
Just an Islander Just an Islander is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 133
I hear the Pizza Hut is going to be going out across from the Nissan Dealer where the Tim's is to go.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3489  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2022, 4:19 PM
ThePurpleHouse ThePurpleHouse is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 36
Horne Cross Road

what's going out beside east coast international?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3490  
Old Posted Apr 29, 2022, 1:57 AM
TGK TGK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just an Islander View Post
I hear the Pizza Hut is going to be going out across from the Nissan Dealer where the Tim's is to go.
They could probably make a good go at it if it’s a full service restaurant. Someone tried doing a Pizza Hut Express here not too long ago and it didn’t take off. Pizza Hut’s take-out and delivery business isn’t that great when compared to other options.

Anyone remember the pizza and salad buffet? Dear Lord, I’d need a new belt if that was still a thing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3491  
Old Posted May 1, 2022, 1:47 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,537
St Peters Apartment

Fifth floor is on and the windows are being installed.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3492  
Old Posted May 1, 2022, 1:54 AM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
203 Fitzroy St Apartments

The modules have arrived and so has the crane. The puzzle building has begun!

The fastest 4 storey build I've seen. Just in 9 days it went from a foundation to a four storey build!!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3493  
Old Posted May 1, 2022, 3:36 PM
TGK TGK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
The fastest 4 storey build I've seen. Just in 9 days it went from a foundation to a four storey build!!

Very impressive. The inside have most of the finish work done already, too. Right down to the paint. They have some plumbing, electrical, and fire protection work to do, then finish the exterior.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3494  
Old Posted May 2, 2022, 8:20 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,537
50 Belvedere Ave Apartment

The old apartment at 50 Belvedere Ave was torn down earlier this year. The original was a 12 unit and is being replaced by an 18 unit. As you can see, the
foundation is in and the scaffolding is being put into place. I believe this might be a 4 storey!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3495  
Old Posted May 2, 2022, 8:24 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,537
Royalty Crossing

I believe this is the Bank of Montreal being constructed. Foundation work is under way! Can anyone confirm?

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3496  
Old Posted May 3, 2022, 11:06 AM
TGK TGK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
50 Belvedere Ave Apartment

The old apartment at 50 Belvedere Ave was torn down earlier this year. The original was a 12 unit and is being replaced by an 18 unit. As you can see, the
foundation is in and the scaffolding is being put into place. I believe this might be a 4 storey!

I’d say those blocks would be for the elevator shaft. Is it another three floor building? That’s quite a large piece of land, but of a shame that it’ll only house 18 units.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3497  
Old Posted May 3, 2022, 11:07 AM
TGK TGK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
Royalty Crossing

I believe this is the Bank of Montreal being constructed. Foundation work is under way! Can anyone confirm?

I suspect BMO as well, as relocating that business is part of the plans inside the mall. I can’t confirm, though, and I haven’t seen any work related to this showing up in the weekly approvals.

Edit to add: I see the restaurant over in the corner by Dollarama has been leased, anyone know what’s going on there?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3498  
Old Posted May 3, 2022, 3:58 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGK View Post
I’d say those blocks would be for the elevator shaft. Is it another three floor building? That’s quite a large piece of land, but of a shame that it’ll only house 18 units.
Since the apartment doesn't have sub-floor units as in the old apartment, it may be three stories, but the amount of brick for the elevator shaft tells me it's four stories. Also, they do have the right to proceed with four without further approval and that is why I believe it's really a four.

Last edited by Siriusb; May 3, 2022 at 7:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3499  
Old Posted May 3, 2022, 6:38 PM
Ryan23 Ryan23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Stratford pe
Posts: 84
I think it may be East side Mario's. I also herd one of the food trucks is going in beside Mary Browns when the summer is over but I can't remember which food truck. A fella I know owns the land beside the Petro in North River where the old motel was located and he said he is looking to put a 60-70 unit in there. Wouldn't be to bad it would just make them roundabouts quite busy.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3500  
Old Posted May 3, 2022, 7:27 PM
Siriusb's Avatar
Siriusb Siriusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Charlottetown
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1 View Post
New apartment/condo on Lower Malpeque Rd behind Queen's Arms.

Recommended to Council for approval, subject the following conditions:
MOTION CARRIED (8-0)
• Traffic study and a Watershed management plan being provided prior to a building permit being issued; and
• Signing of a Development Agreement.


Clear cutting has begun and stakes have been planted in the ground.

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:20 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.