Quote:
Originally Posted by s211
I'm genuinely curious if there are any non-disclosure, confidentiality, and conflict-of-interest protections in a scenario where a municipal politician and a provincial politician live under the same roof.
I ask since the provincial NDP candidate is married to the mayor.
|
Elected members of Council take an oath, on taking their seat, to observe confidentiality on any item identified as confidential and dealt with in an 'in camera' meeting. I assume members of the BC Legislature take a similar oath.
It's theoretical at this point as there would have to be something terrible and currently unknown in Falcon's record for him to lose this election, as the Liberals have held it since 1991. It's more likely to be a way of raising Dr. Ashe's profile for the upcoming municipal election.
If she did win, it would be no different from when Derek Corrigan was Mayor of Burnaby and his wife was an MLA.