Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown
The original, better version of a building's design is almost never the one that gets built. They either get value engineered or the company's president's son needs to make a change so he can say he played a part in the design. It's a shame... Austin is getting a nice supertall when it could have been getting a nicer supertall. Still, it will be a good addition to the skyline... one that will make it official that Austin isn't weird anymore.
|
Hot take here....Austin hasn't been weird for like 15+ years. I don't think this tower will add/subtract a ding dang hoot of weirdness for this city.
As for the design, I overall love the new look, but prefer the continuous exposed levels of the old design. I'm not sure what that style is called, but there's something so classy and 60's about it. I also love the orange panels.