I have no clue about any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr
The cost of upgrading the D&T grids to accommodate electrification of transportation and other sectors is a tough issue. You're already seeing PUC push-back on plans to de-carbonize the current system and the cost. Adding in how much it's going to cost for additional electrification is not a battle that's been undertaken. Nor do any of the greenies have any idea asides from "the cost of doing nothing is even higher!"
For instance, to support the electrification of downtown Denver you are going to need somewhere around four full blocks of additional substations in the area. Good luck finding that.
|
Last night as I was channel surfing I stopped by Red Eye Radio which is a couple of conservative 'talkers' out of Dallas. It's always fun get the latest take on why Biden and the Dems are inveterate liars and basically scary, dangerous people.
As luck would have it, they were talking about converting to EV's, an occasional topic of interest. They quoted a source (which I didn't catch) that in 2050, 80% of the vehicles on the road would still be gasoline powered. Ofc, these guys in addition to being conservative are older and life-long gearheads.
But it got me to wondering "what is a realistic time frame for converting to EV's." So I went a googling which provided little help. The obvious for me is that there will be fits and starts with various hiccups along the way. It may not be as easy or swift as many would wish.
Bottom Line: I suspect the power companies will have plenty of time to figure things out.