Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigs
edit: I didn't find data for Sherbrooke but compared Niagara to Ottawa and Quebec City CMA. I'm assuming Sherbrooke is not as valuable as Quebec City.
|
Actually for RE performance it's much closer to following Montreal, not Quebec City. My least well performing property of all has been my Old Lévis duplex. Rents in Sherbrooke have gone up a lot more than they have in Quebec City. It's closer to Montreal and it's the spill-over market for those priced out of Montreal. (Same reason why I'm pretty sure Hamilton outperformed Ottawa, despite being a smaller city.)
Montreal in that graph (I just plotted it) is pretty close to Ottawa's trajectory.
Commercial land in downtown Sherbrooke totally outperformed random SFHs, though. Some of my properties have outperformed the Niagara region average over the last 10 years. (Normal, since I'm not just blindly picking random/average investments; I'm biased towards wherever there is value in my opinion, and I'm less often wrong than someone who's picking at random.)
Anyway, in retrospect, I was a fool not to sell all of my real estate to put my entire net worth into bitcoin a few years ago. Plenty of people did better than me over that period.