HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #19281  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 3:43 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
The ten story ones were prior to the City Centre Airport closure. There's a large pile of 10 to 16 story structures between 109th and 124th. There will be several buildings closer to the Pearl within the next five years.

The CNIB one is 35 stories and is pretty close. I also believe Greenlong Towers, if built, is going to make The Pearl look stubby.

I would have not expected a flight path here to contribute to such a severe height limit (of course not to the scale of the Pearl's 40 plus storey height within 36 floors)
     
     
  #19282  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 4:13 PM
HomeInMyShoes's Avatar
HomeInMyShoes HomeInMyShoes is offline
arf
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: File 13
Posts: 14,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
I would have not expected a flight path here to contribute to such a severe height limit (of course not to the scale of the Pearl's 40 plus storey height within 36 floors)
I think you are right. Edmonton's market changed quite a bit since I moved and the 10-story ones are actually 12 if I believe were built around 2005 when I still lived there and the market was quite a bit different. They are shorter, but at least in the ballpark of other structures from earlier times.
__________________

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss
     
     
  #19283  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 4:50 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,265
Weird angle of Stantec. Is the wide rectangular section another structure or the office portion of the building? It looks squat from this angle and it has never looked that way before to me.
     
     
  #19284  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 5:25 PM
GeneralLea's Avatar
GeneralLea GeneralLea is offline
Midtowner since 2K
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midtown Toronto
Posts: 5,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Weird angle of Stantec. Is the wide rectangular section another structure or the office portion of the building? It looks squat from this angle and it has never looked that way before to me.
You can attribute part of this to the lens/effect the photographer captured with the angle, but yes, that is part of the office section of the building. It's a much bigger floorplate, but it's only really apparent once you view the building from that perspective or side.
__________________
"Living life on the edge"
     
     
  #19285  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 6:27 PM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is offline
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,750
Kelowna









     
     
  #19286  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 6:33 PM
JHikka's Avatar
JHikka JHikka is offline
ハルウララ
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,853
Construction of 160 Front West in foreground. Will top out at 240m/46s

via ushahid at UT
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/to...s-cadillac-fairview-as-gg.17751/page-153
     
     
  #19287  
Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 4:25 AM
Hali87 Hali87 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,465
     
     
  #19288  
Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 4:52 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #19289  
Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 7:54 AM
craner's Avatar
craner craner is offline
Go Tall or Go Home
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,418
^ Nice skyline … with some 5000 footers.
     
     
  #19290  
Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 2:00 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Ottawa-Hull skyline from Les Promenades de Gatineau.


https://twitter.com/LeDroitca/status/1500975218373709825?cxt=HHwWgsCivcbAxNQpAAAA

Quartier-du-Musée in Hull, with the Museum of History (Civilization) and Ottawa across the River.


https://twitter.com/LeDroitca/status/1500908412414005250?cxt=HHwWhMCopfePptQpAAAA
     
     
  #19291  
Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 4:00 PM
905er's Avatar
905er 905er is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,417
[QUOTE=J.OT13;9560074]Ottawa-Hull skyline from Les Promenades de Gatineau.


https://twitter.com/LeDroitca/status/1500975218373709825?cxt=HHwWgsCivcbAxNQpAAAA


where?..

j/k .. I sorta see it.
     
     
  #19292  
Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 4:00 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
^^SO much potential there. Each time I visit I am blown away by how suburban that part of Hull/Gat is.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #19293  
Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 9:07 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 905er View Post
where?..

j/k .. I sorta see it.


I went to high school in that area, and too be fair, it's more impressive in person, and with a clear blue sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
^^SO much potential there. Each time I visit I am blown away by how suburban that part of Hull/Gat is.
Oh yeah, it's terrible. Ridiculously wide stroads all over old Gatineau. All along the Rabibus, the intersections are the Rapibus, train track and a 6 to 8 lane stroad. Slip lanes everywhere!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bd+Gr%...0bbeed6723!8m2!3d45.479242!4d-75.7010805

Hull is generally better, decent bones, but also needs a lot of work.
     
     
  #19295  
Old Posted Mar 9, 2022, 4:09 PM
905er's Avatar
905er 905er is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,417
that Montreal pic with the Farine Five Roses in the foreground is so effin' ICONIC!!! LOVE IT!!
     
     
  #19296  
Old Posted Mar 9, 2022, 5:26 PM
Monolith's Avatar
Monolith Monolith is offline
Pacific Breeze
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southwestern British Columbia
Posts: 1,234
     
     
  #19297  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2022, 2:43 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #19298  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2022, 12:50 PM
megadude megadude is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: N. York/Bram/Mark/Sauga/Burl/Oak/DT
Posts: 3,681
Went to the new office in South Core this week. Like I said a couple of years ago to a co-worker, this area lacks warmth and character. But, it is very close to Union. And if you work late enough, there would be some nice energy during game days.

Turns out my side of the floor has the worst view. The curtain of green/blue glass condos, blocking our view of the lake. Only got tiny slivers of lake view. I interviewed at the new Sun Life building three years ago and that had an unobstructed view. Would have been cool to look over the islands and also see Niagara in the distance.

At least I'll be able to see people 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 once in a while. I heard that our windows are tinted so they can't see us watching.





















bbcode link image
     
     
  #19299  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2022, 2:05 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
     
     
  #19300  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2022, 4:16 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
Fortunately I never was anywhere near an assigned unobstructed lake view as I always found it too hot visiting it.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:53 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.