Are they planning to proceed right away on spec once they demolish the hotel or is the actual construction start dependent on a large tenant lease? It seems that they could possibly start sooner than the construction of 175 Park Avenue, but I hope that building is not delayed.
They are planning to move forward following the completion of Penn 1 and 2. Demolishing the hotel now puts them in position to do just that.
It's good that they keep updating those renderings as the process moves along. You can tell it's a "Foster" building from some of the newer images.
The inside, terraces, entertainment areas look absolutely amazing!
That outside is going to take getting used to though.
Also when this is built it will probably have the best views of ESB in the city.
Did they consult with Gene Kaufman Architects for the design of the North façade? Yuck. It's as bad as I feared. You know a building is bad when its boosters on this forum are posting rendering of planned future towers that will partially obscure certain angles.
The overall proportions remain... inelegant.
The nicest thing I can say is that the interiors look nice. I suppose if my company was in this building, I might appreciate it.
While I am still not a fan of the design, I sure hope they do not build 3 or 4 copies of this building for the Penn Station development block as shown in this rendering by Chris08876:
The design is gonna keep evolving some until it is built. And the height may also be 1,200 ft. The thing that bothers me about this design is actually at the street level, the lowrise portion along 7th.
Hard to say for sure with the renderings, but they may have eliminated one or both.
The massing is hideous. Shiny renderings don't distract from the awful design of this building. Disjointed and unbalanced. I hope one day it is surrounded by more attractive designs.