Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext
I remember flying YVR-MIA on AC twenty years ago it. It was on an A319 and was weight restricted. Given this was likely all leisure or cruise traffic I can’t imagine it was terribly lucrative based on passengers.
|
Yes, back then, there were challenges on operating such a long route. Not today. The Max 8 has considerably more range than a 20-25 year old A319, and should be able to plow the route year round, with no restrictions.
YVR-MIA distance: 2,434 nm
Max 8 range: 3,500 nm
Even the newest A319ceo's should be able to do it with no restrictions.
Those old A319/A320s with much lower MTOW than today's versions (meaning less fuel capacity as well), could barely go beyond 2,800 nm back then. That's tight for MIA-YVR, especially in the winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity
Well that would put the O&D over 100000 combined then. Surely there's a right plane for that.
|
Most of that demand is cruise traffic related. That demand is pretty much nil at the moment, explaining why no one is bothering with the route. That will change in the coming years, I'm sure.