omfg. Yeah, memories for sure. I'll never forget seeing frost lit for the first time. I was sneaking up from San Antonio with my best friend to see Le Tigre play at Emo's -- my jaw dropped while we were on 35. My first thought was never-ending story
I was told by an older gentleman in the neighborhood that there used to be an HEB at the corner of Cesar Chavez and Waller where the Central Health building is now. Wish it was still there!
(Replying to a post on the Project Updates Thread)
Man, how fun would it be to travel back in time. I wish Austin had preserved a lot of those buildings. And I wish the rail tracks would have never been removed from Congress.
The first thing I noticed in this great photo was the dirt streets and lack of walls by the churches on the right. I thought of the tremendous rains we get and the erosion and just plain mess the city would be after a rain. It looks like pedestrians on Congress might have some type of more solid walkways, or maybe just covers, however even the avenue is still dirt. Does anyone know when Congress first got a hard covering over the dirt?
The first thing I noticed in this great photo was the dirt streets and lack of walls by the churches on the right. I thought of the tremendous rains we get and the erosion and just plain mess the city would be after a rain. It looks like pedestrians on Congress might have some type of more solid walkways, or maybe just covers, however even the avenue is still dirt. Does anyone know when Congress first got a hard covering over the dirt?