Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2047
I have always wondered who actually utilized these flights and how they were ever economical. I fly a lot out of Freddy and it has not once been more convenient to connect through Halifax. My in-laws are in the HRM and I would love to fly but the airport is so far out of town, that I would spend nearly the same amount of total travel time simply driving (and then I don't have to inconvenience my family).
All this to say, I never understood the viability of these roots pre-pandemic and certainly can't fathom the economics now.
|
Pre-CoVID (and with AC) I've flown the puddle jumpers fairly often out of YSJ for connections to St. John's or to connect with ACs London flights from Halifax. Saves a longer trip west for destinations to the east! A handful of times it was a convenient connection to points west, but not often.
While PAL had made ticketing agreements with AC/WestJet, the lack of convenient connection opportunities in Halifax (with PAL or others) really meant this short regional service didn't stand much of a chance in the CoVID era. I had some hope that their agreements with the larger carriers would help, but in practice when booking/doing flight searches, the options to use the PAL service out of YSJ just weren't practical (or often time weren't even listed).