No idea if this is correct, but this recent article has the central tunnel now opening in October ‘23, which is a year earlier than announced, but is more in line with what the current progress looks like.
What??? I thought they have wait for 2024?? Really??? I'm actually a little surprised!
It does not surprise me at all. The old airport was demolished all at once instead of sections as previously scheduled. The demolition finished months early. Then there was also the fact that last year we had quite the drought. No rain or snow means the site isn't slowed or shut down for weather.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the first few gates next to the terminal are ready for use during the holidays this winter.
The person I asked insisted on the 2024 opening date, that being said if the info in the article came from Mike Williams than there is a good possibility it is correct.
I'm skeptical because they would really have to rush construction of the node if they want it open by October 2023.
The person I asked insisted on the 2024 opening date, that being said if the info in the article came from Mike Williams than there is a good possibility it is correct.
I'm skeptical because they would really have to rush construction of the node if they want it open by October 2023.
Yes! They will open it up by October 2023. They don’t have complaining anymore. Hope they will get better soon. No more long walk distance. They will be happy.
Yes! They will open it up by October 2023. They don’t have complaining anymore. Hope they will get better soon. No more long walk distance. They will be happy.
The biggest barrier that I see to the potential earlier date is the fact that they haven't even started construction on the North Concourse Node yet. The Node is where the tunnel will open into the concourse, it will have a smaller scale version of the terminal plaza complete with a smaller version of The Canyon. They may be well underway with the tunnel but if they are to open in October 2023 they will have a little over a year to build it. I'm not sure they can rush it like that, but if they can I'll be absolutely overjoyed.
Looking at that picture I could see the first 4 to 6 gates opening up before the next holiday season. As bad as the drought has been on our water supply it's been great for the construction industry. Fewer closer days due to weather.
Looking at that picture I could see the first 4 to 6 gates opening up before the next holiday season. As bad as the drought has been on our water supply it's been great for the construction industry. Fewer closer days due to weather.
I'll believe it when I see it! Hope they open it up by December 2022 or early 2023.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniolo Man
South Concourse East as of today.
Wow! Very nice. Very good progress. Get it done soon!
I’m coming to SLC next 2 weeks. On February 27 at 8:30am. I’m coming in from Phoenix on Delta. My flight#2849. I am on next flight to Amsterdam is at 2:25pm. Can I take a nice tour opportunity for me? I would like to do photography. I have someone who coming to airport.
Heads up!! I’m coming to SLC tomorrow morning at 8:40am. So please leave my private message. I can meet you there. Can we have a nice tour opportunity for me? Hope I will see you then.