Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppa
I think you misunderstand my point. I'm saying that having lots of transfers is okay if most of them are between rapid transit lines. We have to be better than them tho, since a transfer in Ottawa is more likely to dissuade a customer than one in Montreal.
|
I moved away from Ottawa just before Confederation Line opened but i'm pretty sure that line
added transfers to any commute I would have made from Centretown. Buses on the transitway would take me places direct, but suddenly I would have had to transfer at Tunney's or Blair...
In saying that, one transfer is typically fine for a commute, two begins pushing it, and anything above that is untenable for a service, especially if there's no rapid frequency in the lines. Nobody wants to stand on Bank, or elsewhere, for 25 minutes waiting for a bus, just as nobody wants to stand in a subway station for longer than eight minutes waiting for a train.