Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes
Someone else I noticed is the Summerside CA doesn’t include any of the rural area outside the city limits on the eastern side of the city. I grew up in Travellers Rest and my whole family and everyone I knew in our subdivision worked in the city. I wonder why this whole area had been excluded from the CA. I wouldn’t be surprised if the actual population of the area was closer to 20,000+
|
Summerside's CA encompasses only
125 sq KM
Charlottetown's CA encompasses only
1110 sq KM
Fredericton CMA is 6015 sq KM !
Miramichi CA is 7600 sq KM !
Bathurst CA is 2100 sq KM
Moncton CMA is 2560 sq KM
Saint John CMA is 3506 sq KM !
Halifax CMA is 7275 sq KM !
Truro CA is 2730 sq KM
Sydney CA is 2420 sq KM
New Glasgow CA is 2066 sq KM
Summerside and Charlottetown have some of the smallest sized CA's in Atlantic Canada!
Fredericton's CMA is almost 20% larger (in sq. KM) than ALL OF PEI!
Same for Halifax.
Same for Miramichi.
Saint John's CMA is about 25% less than ALL OF PEI
We must remember StatsCan population is based on commuter patterns, not actual population radius's around a given center. It would take upwards of 2-3 hrs. travelling time to get from edge to edge of the Halifax or Fredericton CMA's !