stupid question maybe, but is there a pedestrian walkway and/or bike path? Or is the bridge just too long to warrant this sort of thing?
edit: looked up the answer. Good ol' wikipedia knows all.
Quote:
Separated and protected bicycle lanes are a visually prominent feature on the south side of the new eastern section. The bikeway and pedestrian path across the eastern span opened in October 2016 and carries recreational and commuter cyclists between Oakland and Yerba Buena Island
stupid question maybe, but is there a pedestrian walkway and/or bike path? Or is the bridge just too long to warrant this sort of thing?
edit: looked up the answer. Good ol' wikipedia knows all.
Yeah as of right now, you can only ride/walk from the Oakland side to Treasure Island. There are some plans that pop up occasionally to add a bike path connecting from Treasure Island to SF, but nothing serious has ever gotten off the ground.
I'm still here, I lurk more than post, thanks to this damn pandemic, I haven't been able to get anywhere interesting to take skyscraper and bridge pics, though.