Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb
Ever wonder why the Sherwood Crossing development is taking so long!
People have a right to appeal but the parties involved should have a decision within a reasonable period, like 30 days. But here we are, 13 months later and it still sits in limbo at IRAC!!
Don Read, the appellant, and IRAC are to blame for the lack of housing which many people are looking for. I'm glad that I'm not having that on my conscience and can sleep at night!
Absolutely ridiculous that this is allowed to go on!!

|
I disagree with the belief that everyone should have a right to appeal. I think everyone should have a right to raise questions and to assemble. If a neighbourhood feels that council is making a change, either uninformed or that violates bylaws or legislation, then individuals should assemble with their neighbours to launch an appeal. What I’m getting to is that as individuals, most of us are uninformed and acting on our own perceived bias. When we sit down in a group and talk things out, our biases move to the back-burner and a clearer picture comes to light. A lot of harm -financially and to the community- can come from these solo appeals. Who am I, as a nobody like Don Read, to hold up millions of dollars in investment and development?
So no, on matters like this, everyone should not have the right to appeal.