HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #221  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2021, 8:29 AM
Nites Nites is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyburger View Post
This was tagged as New West I think

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWT26QcB31Y/
Wow the pits a swimming pool lol
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #222  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 6:54 AM
rickvug rickvug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 171
I was walking in the area this past weekend and glanced over at 660 Quayside to see how its coming along. Of course I thought of this forum and took a few quick photos to document.

The small building furthest West looks to be topped out now. The West tower is just starting to get above ground (or I guess I should say water!) with the parking structure below clearly visible. You can see the foundation for the East tower made of the pilings. The second to last photo is located on the far East side of the site, directly next to Pier Park. My assumption is that they are going to start building up the parkade on that side of the site and eventually meet up with the East tower as it starts to rise. I'm presuming that the last area of the underground parking to be completed will be the large ramp being used to access the site. Note that I know next to nothing about construction, just a simple observation based on where I see active construction.

Having followed this for years, I find myself getting very excited about this stage. We're just about at the point where you can get a very real feeling of the tower placement and how it will interact with the surroundings (height aside). The tower spacing feels further apart than I would have thought, with the East tower just a bit further East that I would have imagined. Still lots of room for open park space surrounding.







Reply With Quote
     
     
  #223  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 7:23 AM
madog222 madog222 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,213
Thanks

It’s definitely exciting to see this finally get above grade!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #224  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 8:12 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,790
Thanks!

I think you can see angled rebar for the columns on the river side of the tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickvug View Post
New render posted at http://www.pierwestbybosa.com. I noticed ads in the local paper as well.

"THE FLAGSHIP OF A VIBRANT WATERFRONT COMMUNITY, COMING EARLY 2018".

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #225  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 7:13 PM
rickvug rickvug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
I think you can see angled rebar for the columns on the river side of the tower.
I think you're right. The towers do look closer to the river than I initially would have thought. However this makes sense given that a pedestrian promenade will be added, extending beyond the current edge of the site directly over the river. I've found the renders to be inconsistent in this. I hope that Bosa and the city don't cheap out and opt for a promenade that is wide and extends further at key locations such as the foot of Begbie. See the difference between these two renders for what I'm talking about.

Version 1 (promenade extends out over river at key points):


Version 2 (promenade is narrower and completely straight):
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #226  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 3:06 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
That's too bad about the promenade being quite a but more boring. I also don't have high hopes of these being particularly beautiful towers, as the use of spandrel and glass is going to make these two pretty drab looking. It looks bland already on the renderings and is not going to look better once built.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #227  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2022, 1:22 AM
madog222 madog222 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,213
Another monolithic concrete pour is happening in March, this time for the East tower.

https://www.newwestrecord.ca/local-news/...rey-tower-on-new-west-waterfront-5098366
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #228  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 2:37 AM
madog222 madog222 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,213
A few recent pictures here, this is definitely above grade now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaoFx_RrY0Z/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #229  
Old Posted May 24, 2022, 3:54 AM
Lexus's Avatar
Lexus Lexus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Vancouver | BC | Canada
Posts: 2,852
2022, May 23

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #230  
Old Posted May 24, 2022, 12:58 PM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
Cool to see this above ground! It's going to be an interesting summer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #231  
Old Posted May 25, 2022, 3:28 AM
rickvug rickvug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 171
May 20, 2022 Progress Photos

I was at Pier Park this weekend so I took a moment to take update photos.

These towers are going to have a huge impact. Even the podium feels tall given that the first 4 or so floors are have high ceilings (compare with Trapp and Holbrook across the street on Front). Presumably the V columns on the first tower will meet a transfer slab soon and then we will start to see the standard floors start to rise more quickly.

Another brief observation is the height of the decking. At present the decking is lower than Pier Park beside but I could see that they are still building higher at the edges. My presumption is that this is to allow a solid 3+ feet of soil to be loaded on top for the park space.









Reply With Quote
     
     
  #232  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 8:07 PM
CanSpice's Avatar
CanSpice CanSpice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Westminster, BC
Posts: 2,730
Here's a couple more. Buildings are going up!

660 Quayside Drive by Brad Cavanagh, on Flickr

660 Quayside Drive by Brad Cavanagh, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #233  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 11:34 PM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
Are both towers being built simultaneously?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #234  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 11:38 PM
CanSpice's Avatar
CanSpice CanSpice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Westminster, BC
Posts: 2,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
Are both towers being built simultaneously?
Yep! In my second picture, the second tower is being built where the middle crane tower is.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #235  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2022, 8:54 PM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
Interesting as I thought it was only the west tower that was ever brought to market. Maybe the east tower is being built on spec?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #236  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2022, 12:37 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
some progress, should rise faster now. Taken last week.

2022-08-20_05-33-30 by snub_you, on Flickr
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #237  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2022, 2:36 AM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is offline
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,750
These two will be fun to watch rise.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #238  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2022, 4:03 AM
madog222 madog222 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,213
As of today


Photo by me
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #239  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2022, 4:54 PM
Lexus's Avatar
Lexus Lexus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Vancouver | BC | Canada
Posts: 2,852
2022, September 16

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #240  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2022, 4:14 AM
artmarkii artmarkii is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 40
September 24th viewed from Fraser River








Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:37 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.