Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCity76
I would be surprised too if Hochul decided to completely scrap the affordable housing idea for this tower. But also I'm also curious about the other 6 bids  
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123
Doubtful. Sounds like posturing from the developers. Not that it really matters anyway, I expect this tower to go through. Besides we haven't even seen any of the other proposals for the site.
|
Cuomo himself opened up these two sites to affordable housing, but the state didn’t require it on this particular site. I could be wrong, but I suspect the affordable housing will be a requirement, just not on this particular site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee
Heavily agree.
This thread should have a poll at the top to show the accurate breaktown between the "love it/🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 aroused" and "hate it/afraid for humanity" crowds.
|
I’d prefer the NY poll (such as it is) over the forum poll. Skyscraper nerds spend too much time trying to critique every design, overlooking the general project. And that’s fun and fine to do. The difference being that most people don’t care about skyscrapers, and understand that some are taller than others, or more importantly, the city builds tall skyscrapers. So, its not surprising to me that people would support this tower. But likewise, I feel if your support of a tower is based
solely on design, then you’re in the same camp as the NIMBYs. I don’t like everything that gets built. I’m not a fan of Central Park Tower, but I would never say a developer shouldn’t be allowed to build it.