Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerHaight
Yes, the BC Parkway is super dark especially from Metrowtown to Royal Oak, and then Beresford and Buller to Taylor Park. These lights will be a big help, especially since the darkest portions are directly underneath the guideway.
|
I remember the section from Gilley down to Edmonds Station being particularly dark as the guideway is right overhead for most of it. I can't remember what they're planning for Edmonds (the bike path continues behind the station). From there it's basically on-ground until the OMC so they'll have to do streetlights instead.
About halfway between Edmonds and 22nd Street stations you get into New West and there's some streetlights in NW but as I rarely rode there I don't know how useful they are - or if they continue on past 22nd Street Station. It's annoying that it's taken this long and lighting along bike paths is still pretty hit and miss. Then again if not for the pandemic we wouldn't have as many people riding bikes and we'd still be waiting...