Long time lurker, first time poster. I’m a resident at 910 S Michigan (not one of the ones with their silly complaints about 1000M) and we received a notification from our property manager advising us that construction was set to officially resume on Monday, Nov 15.
Long time lurker, first time poster. I’m a resident at 910 S Michigan (not one of the ones with their silly complaints about 1000M) and we received a notification from our property manager advising us that construction was set to officially resume on Monday, Nov 15.
Seeing is believing, but that's good to know. Until I see financing is secured, I'm skeptical.
Long time lurker, first time poster. I’m a resident at 910 S Michigan (not one of the ones with their silly complaints about 1000M) and we received a notification from our property manager advising us that construction was set to officially resume on Monday, Nov 15.
That's fantastic news, thank you for sharing that info!
Nothing especially active when I was by 30 minutes ago. Bricking of the windows to the south is definitely in progress, though no one was actively working on that. And most promising: there were several vehicles parked inside the fence by the construction trailers on Wabash. So today may have been a mobilization day. If that's the case, and these weren't facade contractors for the building to the south (which they seem to be accessing that work completely from the roof), we may see actual construction activity resume in the very near future.
Nothing especially active when I was by 30 minutes ago. Bricking of the windows to the south is definitely in progress, though no one was actively working on that. And most promising: there were several vehicles parked inside the fence by the construction trailers on Wabash. So today may have been a mobilization day. If that's the case, and these weren't facade contractors for the building to the south (which they seem to be accessing that work completely from the roof), we may see actual construction activity resume in the very near future.
thanks for scoping out the site for us!
an on-site restart kick-off meeting sounds like a very plausible reason for those vehicles to be parked outside the trailer.
Here is hoping this is the restart of a great addition to the South Loop.
CTBUH lists the height of 1000M at 788 feet. All other references list it as 805 feet. Either one would be great. Does anyone know what the correct height is?
^ that must be a recent height change in the CTBUH database.
the last time i checked over there, this one was still listed at 805', as it is/was everywhere after the change to rentals and the slight floor count drop were announced.
now that this one looks like it might be moving back to U/C, maybe someone over at the CTBUH got a look at updated CD's that have a slightly lower actual height figure?
either way, if it's built to 805' or 788', it will still become chicago's 20th tallest tower, nestled in between 110 N Wacker (817') and 300 N Lasalle (785').
and most importantly, a MAJOR gap filler for the south loop!
Last edited by Steely Dan; Nov 16, 2021 at 12:08 AM.
either way, if it's built to 805' or 788', it will still become chicago's 20th tallest tower, nestled in between 110 N Wacker (817') and 300 N Lasalle (785').
and most importantly, a MAJOR gap filler for the south loop!
Indeed, I hope the developer will do whatever it takes to get this built, as it's so impactful for this part of the skyline. Even a further height reduction to ~750' is acceptable, if that makes the project financially viable.
Then we just need somebody to revive Park Michigan
I WISH! I loved that tower design, and it was pencil thin long before pencil towers were a thing. I can't believe anyone remembers that one, kinda had One Chicago vibes a decade+ ahead of time.
The saddest part about Park Michigan not becoming reality was the loss of the old historic YMCA building, which would have had the facade preserved as part of this project.