Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618
It can’t—that’s the problem.
|
(Not directed at McGrath who is answering the technical question.)
But even if it could, has the 30 minute frequency ever cramped anyone's style? I mean you need to get to the train station itself first and then you have to check in at least 45 minutes before domestic flights and you're really relying on security not being backed up at that point. So is the additional planning really going to hurt anything? "—, now I have to leave the house 5 minutes earlier than I thought based on the train schedule. If only it ran every 15 minutes!" For arriving flights, it takes 15 minutes just to deplane if you're in the back, then walk through the terminal, and possibility to baggage claim. Most use the restroom in that period as well. One input can't be that the train comes on the hour and at 30 minutes after the hour? Even if you had a brain fart, statistically, you would have a 50% chance of a wait less than 15 minutes....after spending hours since leaving for your home airport that day, check-in, security lines, putting latops in Tupperware bins, zoned boarding lines, safety talks, beverage services, cramped smelly airplane restroom, fighting over arm rests, etc., etc. but oh no, all that is nothing compared to waiting between 0-29 minutes for a train that I couldn't be bothered to check the schedule for.
I'm not calling anyone out but are any of you detractors actually users of the AP Line? If so, I'd like to hear some specifics on how 30 minute headways creates a problem that is even an afterthought compared to all the logistics of taking a commercial flight.
I’d argue that some Regional Rail lines having 2 hour headways for the entirety of Saturday to be a bigger problem to solve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7
I think PHL is fine, but Septa's airport line needs to run later and more frequently.
|
The last train leaving the airport is 12:07am (7 days). What am I missing?