HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7901  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 7:33 PM
Locofresh55's Avatar
Locofresh55 Locofresh55 is offline
Todo para la familia
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Back in Tucson
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ71 View Post
Meritage Homes just bought a ton of land at Valencia and I-10 to put in a development called Valencia Crossings. Home sizes would be 1327 - 2200 sq feet. My guess is they'll start in the upper 200s.

https://realestatedaily-news.com/meritage-homes-launches-valencia-crossing-in-tucson/

Lennar is already building homes at Valencia Crossings. I didn't see signs for pricing but there are some homes already completed (models most likely). Lots more happening on the SE Side.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7902  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 1:01 AM
ZonaRealtor2021 ZonaRealtor2021 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 110
Also in that same area of valencia crossings the county limits part from the Julian wash to the Union Pacific Railroad tracks are now completely graded and it looks like it’s another solar farm for TEP but I cannot tell? They did add what looks to be like a substation towards the back near the Chuck Huckleberry loop..

Do any of you guys know any more information about this? I can’t find any info about it anywhere.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7903  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 1:10 AM
ZonaRealtor2021 ZonaRealtor2021 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locofresh55 View Post
Lennar is already building homes at Valencia Crossings. I didn't see signs for pricing but there are some homes already completed (models most likely). Lots more happening on the SE Side.
Also I’m confused about this article regarding the community Valencia crossings because it’s well under construction already with some people already living in their homes? Is this new Meritage announcement additional homes??
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7904  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 1:41 AM
AZ71 AZ71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Tucson
Posts: 305
Finally they can announce it. The new HBOMax tv-show shooting is called DUSTER and starring Josh Holloway (Lost) and produced by J.J. Abrams. Could bring in $65M to the state and of course put Tucson on the map for other productions.

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/hb...ring-65-million-economic-boost-to-tucson

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7905  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 1:42 AM
AZ71 AZ71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Tucson
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaRealtor2021 View Post
Also I’m confused about this article regarding the community Valencia crossings because it’s well under construction already with some people already living in their homes? Is this new Meritage announcement additional homes??
Its a new development. The other development is called Estancia and is already being built by Meritage too. Meritage just bought up more land for a new development next to it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7906  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 2:02 AM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CA/AZ Nomad
Posts: 7,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaRealtor2021 View Post
Also I’m confused about this article regarding the community Valencia crossings because it’s well under construction already with some people already living in their homes? Is this new Meritage announcement additional homes??
This is the typical process in large suburban developments
- A land developer buys a large chunk of land. It's either called something or they come up with a marketable name. Let's just say Random Ranch.
- They then get together with their zoning attorneys, surveyors, and soils people, utilities, civil engineers, usually build the collector (midway between an arterial and a local street) roads, often set up a and subdivide it in two ways: tracts and lots. Sometimes a high level community district/HOA is setup to enforce zoning and general stuff.
- Tracts contain lots. The lots might all be the same size as the lots in the other tracts, but they often aren't but it all depends. A clever land developer won't oversaturate the market and have the best lots (view, etc) as higher-end and keep the stuff closer to the Interstate or railroad tracks for smaller single family or townhouses or leave parcels large enough for apartments and retail.
- The tracts themselves are almost always sold to homebuilders who do the actual construction. At one point of another the grading and drainage happens, and homebuilders do in fact buy raw land, but it's much easier and more predictable for builders to have the zoning entitlements and utilities in place. These become a neighborhood name.

In Lennar's case, they're building the Inspiration neighborhood, so it'd be in aweful homebuilder marketing words, The Inspiration Collection at Valencia Crossing by Lennar. Meritage will build their own, probably at a different price point, and call it something else.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7907  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2021, 2:10 AM
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaRealtor2021 View Post
Also in that same area of valencia crossings the county limits part from the Julian wash to the Union Pacific Railroad tracks are now completely graded and it looks like it’s another solar farm for TEP but I cannot tell? They did add what looks to be like a substation towards the back near the Chuck Huckleberry loop..

Do any of you guys know any more information about this? I can’t find any info about it anywhere.
I think you're right on this. Valencia is our main way to get to I-10 when going into Tucson (or going west) and I drive by this almost daily going to and from work (though it's dark in the morning when I head to work). It certainly looks like a solar farm and I looked up the land on the City of Tucson's PRO map and it is owned by TEP. They've also built an electrical substation there so this further leads me to believe it's a solar farm.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7908  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2021, 2:12 AM
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ71 View Post
Its a new development. The other development is called Estancia and is already being built by Meritage too. Meritage just bought up more land for a new development next to it.
I think you're thinking of La Estancia which is north of I-10 between Wilmot and Kolb. This is Valencia Crossing at I-10 and Valencia. As I just mentioned in another comment, I drive by this almost daily. They've been building homes for some time there and as someone else mentioned, some look like they already have people living there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7909  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2021, 8:36 AM
AZ71 AZ71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Tucson
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
I think you're thinking of La Estancia which is north of I-10 between Wilmot and Kolb. This is Valencia Crossing at I-10 and Valencia. As I just mentioned in another comment, I drive by this almost daily. They've been building homes for some time there and as someone else mentioned, some look like they already have people living there.
You're correct. La Estancia is off Wilmot. Regardless I'm just reporting on what the link said that Meritage is developing that land south of the Julian Wash in phases.

https://realestatedaily-news.com/meritage-homes-launches-valencia-crossing-in-tucson/

TEP owns the land north of Julian Wash and the solar farm is built north of the train tracks. Not sure if they have plans to expand the farm south of the train tracks but the land is TEP.

I know there is another development already in this "Valencia Crossings". They were Lennar Homes but Meritage bought them out known as "Desert Parcel 510 LLC" and appears the entire place will be known as Valencia Crossings with Meritage. Here is the older article when Lennar homes started developing it.

https://realestatedaily-news.com/lennar-...ossing-forward-in-se-tucson/?print=print

Last edited by AZ71; Oct 9, 2021 at 5:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7910  
Old Posted Oct 11, 2021, 4:06 AM
omarainza omarainza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 67
And yes...that Snyder Rd Bridge would help traffic in the Tanque Verde area SO MUCH. But moreso...why cant they just build a bridge over the Pantano Wash connecting Grant Rd directly into Tanque Verde Rd? It would completely eliminate that horrible left turn criss-cross at Grant/Kolb/Tanque Verde. They could do the exact same kind of intersection they did with the Wrightstown overpass at Pantano Rd.




some of tucsons richest live in that subdivision. god forbid dottie sundt has the entrance to her compound defiled by a bridge! haha
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7911  
Old Posted Oct 11, 2021, 7:09 PM
AZ71 AZ71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Tucson
Posts: 305
I think it could be very easily be done without disturbing any of those wealthy homes or the entrance to the community. In fact, it could look better and be more even more private.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7912  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 1:12 AM
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 608
I moved to Tucson in December of 2008, after the RTA had been voted in. I like the work they've done but thought at that time that it would have been a good time to borrow money to be more aggresive with the building timeline. Interest rates and construction prices were low and people needed jobs. Not surprised this has come up now.

Inflation Leaves Tucson Road Projects Underfunded
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7913  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2021, 8:53 PM
AZ71 AZ71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Tucson
Posts: 305
There's another Rio Nuevo meeting tomorrow on Tuesday at 1pm. There's quite a lineup of things to discuss. If anyone can listen that'd be great. I unfortunately wont be available. I wonder if they'll mention anything about Huckelberry being hit and in the hospital or how that affects things like Old Tucson Studios, etc.
Says' they'll be talking about the HBO project so I'll be interested if Fletcher has anything to add.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7914  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2021, 11:53 PM
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 608
Good overall 3rd quarter in Tucson.
- Number of jobs in Tucson increased 4.3% from Q3 of 2020
- Unemployment rate fell from 7.9% to 6.5% from Q3 of 2020
- Population growth year-over-year was 0.9%, which is more than double the national average of 0.4%

Certainly not likely the boom seen in Phoenix but solid growth. Some areas of concern though were housing permits decreased over 14% from last year due to supply issues but are still up 28% year to date.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7915  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 1:39 AM
ZonaRealtor2021 ZonaRealtor2021 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ71 View Post
There's another Rio Nuevo meeting tomorrow on Tuesday at 1pm. There's quite a lineup of things to discuss. If anyone can listen that'd be great. I unfortunately wont be available. I wonder if they'll mention anything about Huckelberry being hit and in the hospital or how that affects things like Old Tucson Studios, etc.
Says' they'll be talking about the HBO project so I'll be interested if Fletcher has anything to add.
A lot going on tomorrow looking forward to some updates but the one thing I can’t get over is they’re still trying to build out and finish the first floor of city park what a joke
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7916  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 1:44 AM
ZonaRealtor2021 ZonaRealtor2021 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Good overall 3rd quarter in Tucson.
- Number of jobs in Tucson increased 4.3% from Q3 of 2020
- Unemployment rate fell from 7.9% to 6.5% from Q3 of 2020
- Population growth year-over-year was 0.9%, which is more than double the national average of 0.4%

Certainly not likely the boom seen in Phoenix but solid growth. Some areas of concern though were housing permits decreased over 14% from last year due to supply issues but are still up 28% year to date.
For Tucson that’s amazing numbers I’m personally good with not having the explosive type of growth like up in Phoenix I feel this pace of growth is manageable here
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7917  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 2:34 PM
Azstar Azstar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaRealtor2021 View Post
A lot going on tomorrow looking forward to some updates but the one thing I can’t get over is they’re still trying to build out and finish the first floor of city park what a joke
Sadly, there is zero demand for office space or retail in downtown Tucson. There are a couple restaurants in the pipeline (Perche No has already opened) but since the pandemic I'm not sure many investors would be willing to invest a lot of money in a venture as risky as restaurants. Hopefully, when/if the apartment complexes open and fill up, there will be a drugstore downtown, and some other services. The new hotels might spur activity in new restaurants, as well. As hard as Rio Nuevo has worked to revitalize downtown, it's still a struggle.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7918  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 5:17 PM
somethingfast's Avatar
somethingfast somethingfast is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In A Van Down By The River
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azstar View Post
Sadly, there is zero demand for office space or retail in downtown Tucson. There are a couple restaurants in the pipeline (Perche No has already opened) but since the pandemic I'm not sure many investors would be willing to invest a lot of money in a venture as risky as restaurants. Hopefully, when/if the apartment complexes open and fill up, there will be a drugstore downtown, and some other services. The new hotels might spur activity in new restaurants, as well. As hard as Rio Nuevo has worked to revitalize downtown, it's still a struggle.
Sorry but Rio Nuevo has not worked hard AT ALL. Like most bureaucracies they have done a fantastic job of lining their own pockets while going through endless studies on impacts, etc. When something actually comes along from private sector or joint-partnership, they quash it. RN is useless. 20 years of useless. Let's not kid ourselves that they are doing anything to help Tucson.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7919  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 9:18 PM
AZ71 AZ71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Tucson
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azstar View Post
Sadly, there is zero demand for office space or retail in downtown Tucson. There are a couple restaurants in the pipeline (Perche No has already opened) but since the pandemic I'm not sure many investors would be willing to invest a lot of money in a venture as risky as restaurants. Hopefully, when/if the apartment complexes open and fill up, there will be a drugstore downtown, and some other services. The new hotels might spur activity in new restaurants, as well. As hard as Rio Nuevo has worked to revitalize downtown, it's still a struggle.
I would agree about office space. The city isn't even promoting businesses to move downtown. They're building industrial and tech parks all over town. Downtown would be wiser to just concentrate on govt buildings and residential and entertainment. I cant for the life of me figure out why they'd go through with the 75 E Broadway thing with office space and not make that a residential tower. And now that the project is cancelled...they're best interest is to bring in residential. But Rio makes no money on a 100% residential structure since its a TIF zone and thats how they make their money. Their best option to me is to revive that as a mixed use with two floors of retail, residential and then that Moxy Hotel everyone has been talking about.

I've literally emailed at least 50 out of state high rise residential developers tipping them off on the project, but just no one is biting from what I gather. A couple responses back to me whom I refer to Fletcher....but I honestly feel our downtown is almost done with its renovation.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7920  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 10:18 PM
crzyabe's Avatar
crzyabe crzyabe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 268
I sat through the first hour of the RN meeting. The TCC renovations are on track and on budget. Concerts at the music hall are selling out and events have solid attendance.

The team that owns The Neighborhood (Alvernon/29th) and La Chingada on Scott are planning to open 4 new concepts downtown in the next 6 months.

1. The old H2O building on Congress will become a second The Neighborhood location with a rooftop beer garden.
2. La Chingada will be moving to the old Poca Cosa location on Scott/Pennington. The will also open a small convenience store on the east side of that location.
3. The current La Chingada location will become an oyster and mariscos place called La Cruda
4. 61 East Congress (just west of The Screening Room) will become a raspados place called Antojitos

All 4 concepts together are estimated to generate $9.2mil in revenue per year. They asked for $450k from RN for renovation and other construction work. Their request was approved.

They had some concept images for each place that looked nice, I am sure someone will find them and post them.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:38 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.