Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, when Cielo took control of this development, they proposed two towers. This is the first one. At that time, they described this Tower 1 to be a roughly 50-story office tower. Well, that ~50-story tower is now 44 stories.
They can still build a roughly 900k SF Tower 2 (probably in the neighborhood of 60 stories).
NOTE: The zig-zag balcony aesthetic on the north façade is interesting. Wish they would have done that to the south façade too. Looking forward to see some actual renderings before making further judgement on design. However, I'm not expecting much. Cielo does not have a good track record with design.
Ah okay - that's some good news, at least! Thanks for the reminder
I suppose that, once again, I should be grateful that we're getting a 650'+ building anywhere in the CBD. But you know, if you spend the time and capital to pull together a full unencumbered city block that's going to be looming over a premier transit corridor . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX
The new elevations are not as grand as the original project. But this is still a nice sized skyscraper at 44-stories and 656'. The mechanical/crown is equivalent to three more floors.
I have to agree with Mercury 6, a solid wall is disappointing as well as a flat roof. I think all buildings going forward should be required to do something unique with the rooflines and not make them flat. San Diego is a great example of buildings with unique rooflines.
I think we should have as few design restrictions as possible. The Design Commission has enough power as it is, imagine them getting to decide if a building's roofline was unique enough...
I think we should have as few design restrictions as possible. The Design Commission has enough power as it is, imagine them getting to decide if a building's roofline was unique enough...
Totally agree.
And crowns in San Diego are not required or approved by the city. It's a bigger market with a height cap (500'). The only way to differentiate ones building from another is altering crown aesthetics.
This one got taller according to backup files filed for the 10/25 DC meeting. But there are no renderings which is unusual. Anyway it's 705' and 50-stories.