HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 3:07 PM

Thanks team, GO it is!

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 4:51 PM
ハルウララ

GO is definitely easiest if you're coming from Union area. Walking down from King streetcar is also possible, as is the streetcar that runs to Exhibition itself. Try not to uber if at all possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post
Much more comfortable ride and spacious compared to streetcar but not as frequent so just keep that in mind. I have done the walk before though. Easier when you have a friend to talk to and the weather cooperates. I didn’t do it voluntarily though. It was during CNE so street cars were so packed they weren’t even making their stops and we had already walked a little bit past exhibition towards union. I feel like it was a massive fail by the TTC.
Part of the reason why Ontario Line is being built to Exhibition.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 5:49 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
I heard TFC only drew 7000 a few nights ago. The argos are having the same problems there this year is there some sort of issues for fans getting to BMO this year? I don't really understand it as I thought the CNE grounds were pretty centrally located and the argos and jays had good attendance there in the 70s and 80s?

Traffic is just a nightmare in the city; inconceivably from the 70s and 80s. It's a combinations of things like the Pandemic and transit, the cost of GO travel and station locations including the CNE's location west of downtown, the TTC's system wide slowness, the partially dismantled Gardiner, etc. a significant reduction in traffic lanes for bike lanes.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 8:24 PM

Canada vs Panama tomorrow night at home at BMO Field...tickets are selling like hot cakes pretty much and almost sold out practically from what I last heard. But this game against Panama is pretty much a must win game especially as you head into next month's window of qualifiers

Considering in November we only have 2 games, but those 2 games next month are not easy. Because we have to face Mexico again this time at home in Canada in Edmonton and then we face Costa Rica also at home in Canada in Edmonton. Both games won't be easy.

However if we can beat Panama tomorrow, we still stay near the top of the table which is important especially if you are trying to qualify for Qatar in one of the 3 direct spots. 4th place means you would have to go into the inter continental home and away 2 leg playoff.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 9:37 PM

I am hearing yesterday there were only a few thousand tickets left and I'm also not hearing anything of a big Panamanian ticket drive so far, so I give credit where it is due. I've never had an issue with the hardcore supporters (they do their job) just the general public. This time it looks like the public has stood up and we'll need them, this is a big game. So hopefully there will be near 30k to cheer us to victory. Also heard Herdman asked the fans to meet the bus at the stadium so there wouldn't be a repeat of the last time. Progress!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 10:23 AM

Game day today

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:24 AM
Community Guy

What a second half!!!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:27 AM

Flipping madly between the soccer and the Leafs tonight and the main takeaway for me is the magical sight and sound of two sporting venues filled with people. We’ve come a long way this year!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:39 AM
ハルウララ

Couldn't imagine missing this Canada match to watch Leafs/Habs in October. One of the best home wins in CMNT history.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Couldn't imagine missing this Canada match to watch Leafs/Habs in October. One of the best home wins in CMNT history.
Ya it was super sick!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
I giveth and I taketh away. Tonight I giveth to the Toronto crowd, they showed up, and the flag initiative the Vs did looked fantastic.

The broadcast said 26k was announced for attendance. I was pretty sure most of the tickets were sold but for quite a while at the beginning the stands were half full and I was wondering WTH was going on. I guess it was folks getting in late because they had to show the Gestapo their ausweis.

Another rough start but when we have that core group in there we can throttle just about anybody. That Davies goal was one of the best I've seen, the best part was the run to get to the ball, crazy!

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 7:19 AM

We needed the win. Job well done. Davies at his best.

Sitting in 3rd spot, which is where we should finish. 8 games left to punch in a spot to the WC.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 7:27 AM

Crazy skill By Davies....World Class. Stop...slip then pass to himself. WOW.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 12:30 PM

Canada needed the win last night. It was a must win game if you truly think about it. Especially given next month's window of games where we have to face Costa Rica on November 12th and then Mexico on November 16th

Both games are in Edmonton and Alphonso Davies is from Edmonton

Against Costa Rica, that game is pretty much a must win next month

And then against Mexico in Edmonton playing at home, a win or a draw would be good enough

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
Crazy skill By Davies....World Class. Stop...slip then pass to himself. WOW.
https://streamja.com/OBAqn

What a goal !

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qprcanada View Post
Great game especially in the 2nd half but I must say lack of effort and hustle by Panama resulted in some of those goals for Canada.

The announcers kind of got on my nerves especially the one saying 'game set and match' for Canada in minute 70. Don't count your chickens etc.

It seems as though these players want to play for Canada especially the european based ones.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 12:43 PM

The announcers kinda pissed me off because they were so Canadian centric instead of being impartial and unbiased

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
The announcers kinda pissed me off because they were so Canadian centric instead of being impartial and unbiased
And that's different to which other team in Concacaf?

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
The announcers kind of got on my nerves especially the one saying 'game set and match' for Canada in minute 70. Don't count your chickens etc.
Yes, Wheeler has that annoying habit, which he'll keep doing until he learns the hard way.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
I concur. Who was that, Gareth Wheeler? He just had a kid apparently. Time to take some pat leave and leave the commentating to professionals !

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada