HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #641  
Old Posted May 23, 2021, 2:34 AM
Bcasey25raptor's Avatar
Bcasey25raptor Bcasey25raptor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver Suburbs
Posts: 2,885
I'm moving into a 2 bedroom unit in the western side of the river district on Canada day, ask me anything about the area after I've settled and I'll try and answer best I can.
__________________
River District Big Government progressive
~ Just Watch me
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #642  
Old Posted May 23, 2021, 5:16 AM
Zepfancouver's Avatar
Zepfancouver Zepfancouver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,656
Bcasey25raptor congrats...Not sure if it's this Parcel. Witch ever one it is, enjoy your new place.
When working here during occupancy, I liked the vibe of the neighbourhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepfancouver View Post

Parcel 15 ^
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #643  
Old Posted May 23, 2021, 7:01 AM
Bcasey25raptor's Avatar
Bcasey25raptor Bcasey25raptor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver Suburbs
Posts: 2,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepfancouver View Post
Bcasey25raptor congrats...Not sure if it's this Parcel. Witch ever one it is, enjoy your new place.
When working here during occupancy, I liked the vibe of the neighbourhood.
Thanks.
I actually got approved for a unit in the one of the Coop buildings in the area that recently completed. 6th floor south and west facing corner unit.

$2100 a month though, quite hefty
__________________
River District Big Government progressive
~ Just Watch me
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #644  
Old Posted May 26, 2021, 9:30 PM
nova9 nova9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,086
Welcome to the neighborhood! I've been there since 2013! You'll need your bug spray if hanging outside in the mid to late summers! haha.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #645  
Old Posted May 27, 2021, 2:33 AM
dreambrother808 dreambrother808 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Welcome to the neighborhood! I've been there since 2013! You'll need your bug spray if hanging outside in the mid to late summers! haha.
Something to look forward to.

My only issue living here is that I’m close to Marine Drive and it’s basically a mini-highway. I feel that the air quality in my apartment isn’t as good as I thought it would be, but I’m unsure if that’s the car exhaust or just my imagination.

The tranquility of the area is lovely, and the town centre is handy for a Starbucks run, groceries, daily needs, etc.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #646  
Old Posted May 27, 2021, 2:43 AM
dreambrother808 dreambrother808 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcasey25raptor View Post
Thanks.
I actually got approved for a unit in the one of the Coop buildings in the area that recently completed. 6th floor south and west facing corner unit.

$2100 a month though, quite hefty
Cheap for a 2 bedroom though. Co-ops walk that fine line of being built on a budget while also not cheaping out on quality of life.

Once the pandemic is over you won’t have to worry about rent increases or instability as well. I imagine lots of landlords will suddenly have family moving in.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #647  
Old Posted May 27, 2021, 3:25 AM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
You'll need your bug spray if hanging outside in the mid to late summers! haha.
I'm sure the sales brochures omit that "feature". That'd be a total deal-killer for me.
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #648  
Old Posted May 27, 2021, 4:04 AM
Migrant_Coconut's Avatar
Migrant_Coconut Migrant_Coconut is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kitsilano/Fairview
Posts: 10,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Welcome to the neighborhood! I've been there since 2013! You'll need your bug spray if hanging outside in the mid to late summers! haha.
Well, it is a "River" District; both Richmond Night Markets have the same problem. If applicable, attracting a whole sh*tload of birds and dragonflies helped a friend with mosquitos in a badly-designed water feature.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #649  
Old Posted May 27, 2021, 4:35 AM
Bcasey25raptor's Avatar
Bcasey25raptor Bcasey25raptor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver Suburbs
Posts: 2,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Welcome to the neighborhood! I've been there since 2013! You'll need your bug spray if hanging outside in the mid to late summers! haha.
Thanks, haha, appreciate the tip. Will definitely purchase some of that.

Greatly looking forward to moving in.
__________________
River District Big Government progressive
~ Just Watch me
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #650  
Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 10:06 PM
Sheba Sheba is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: BC
Posts: 4,595
Man shot dead in South Vancouver

Quote:
Police say a man was found dead in his vehicle in South Vancouver Friday night after reports of shots fired in the River District.

In a written statement, Vancouver police said Alvis Anjesh Singh, 44, was found dead near Kent Avenue and Kerr Street, after shots were heard across from River Front Park after 10 p.m. PT.

A few minutes later, a burned-out SUV was found near Sexsmith Elementary School near W. 59th Avenue and Ontario Street.

...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #651  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2021, 4:10 PM
dreambrother808 dreambrother808 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
This happened on my block, quite the shock in such a quiet neighbourhood. I slept through it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #652  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 1:08 PM
Lexus's Avatar
Lexus Lexus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Vancouver | BC | Canada
Posts: 2,846
2021, June 19

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #653  
Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 8:04 PM
Bcasey25raptor's Avatar
Bcasey25raptor Bcasey25raptor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver Suburbs
Posts: 2,885
Blood moon last night from my patio

__________________
River District Big Government progressive
~ Just Watch me
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #654  
Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 9:05 PM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
This place has become quite vibrant now I gotta say. Everytime I've stopped by there are lots of people hanging around especially in the town centre. Fascinating seeing good urban planning principles at work (despite the lack of good transit).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #655  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2021, 3:18 PM
WarrenC12's Avatar
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 24,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
This place has become quite vibrant now I gotta say. Everytime I've stopped by there are lots of people hanging around especially in the town centre. Fascinating seeing good urban planning principles at work (despite the lack of good transit).
The lack of transit might be a benefit in that sense. There's a sizable population there now, and they are hanging around instead of going elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #656  
Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 4:33 PM
nova9 nova9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,086
Does anyone know if any future developments still upcoming will have a retail base or is what we have at Town Centre all that we're ever gonna have?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #657  
Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 7:43 PM
jollyburger jollyburger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Does anyone know if any future developments still upcoming will have a retail base or is what we have at Town Centre all that we're ever gonna have?
Best source of information is probably here:

https://vancouver.ca/home-property-development/east-fraser-lands-river-district.aspx
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #658  
Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 2:29 AM
Sheba Sheba is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: BC
Posts: 4,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Does anyone know if any future developments still upcoming will have a retail base or is what we have at Town Centre all that we're ever gonna have?
You can also check out their retail lease brochure (pdf) - that shows all of it in the town centre. It's less than a 10 min drive to Market Crossing so I doubt it would make sense to add more retail here (then again Save-On is at both locations... ).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #659  
Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 12:22 AM
Lexus's Avatar
Lexus Lexus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Vancouver | BC | Canada
Posts: 2,846
2021, August 29

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #660  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2021, 6:06 AM
jasonpark jasonpark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 117
The developer did a good job with the area, at least with things within their control. Still can't get over the bugs and mosquitoes during the summer. Went down there for a walk in the evening and got 6 mosquito bites. Really turned me off from buying there.

Once the whole area turns into concrete, I assume it won't be as bad.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:01 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.