Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy
I can’t remember if this has been discussed. But is 48 floors the same height as 53 floors? Since the former includes office versus hotel (office having higher ceilings)
|
Hotel also usually have higher floor-to-ceiling than typical regular residential.
Sometimes even as high as your typical office floor-to-ceiling height (in the case of high-end hotels, obviously).
In this case (hard to tell from the images, but....) I'm guessing the hotel scheme didn't have the same height as office use (for floor-to-ceiling), thus when it switched back from Hotel to Office, they lost floor count number (because you get fewer office floor levels with more height equaling more hotel floor levels).
I'm also guessing this because I don't recall the overall tower height being changed at any point (as the usage changed from office to hotel and back to office again despite the floor count changes). I could be wrong, and I hope to be corrected if I am.
Now although you do have some latitude and flexibility to change your project usage after the design permit has been issued - as long as it doesn't affect the overall design too drastically - it becomes tricky when those changes also drastically change the overall form of the tower (including the height), to the degree that the city would require you to have to re-apply for another Design permit.
Even after a Building permit has been issued.
It's part of the reason I don't believe the overall height of this tower was changed (.....or at least not that much) through this back-and-forth shift from Office to hotel and back again.