HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 15, 2021, 9:43 PM
Nashville born and raised

Delete

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 25, 2021 at 4:00 PM.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2021, 10:14 PM

Delete

Old Posted Aug 15, 2021, 10:38 PM

LOL, I have already heard the plan that Market Street had planned there has changed, to what I don’t know. Those guys are not being very good neighbor’s.

BTW, there are three Easter Eggs on the development map too. I will say two of them are probably new projects as you don’t plan on core drilling for the heck of it. I am not saying which projects are having the core drilling done as that will probably be made clear this week.
It is amazing what you see when you pay atttention to detail when you take a long walk. I see a lot.
BTW, They are getting ready to Core drill at the Reed site next to the White Castle on West End . New markings there! I know of a lot of properties that are getting ready to change hands too.
BTW 500 Lea is about to start Core Drilling!

The amount and scale of projects I am seeing in the pipeline is staggering. I have a list of running projects, some old, some new, some not announced, some of companies I know for a fact are looking and the number of 10 stories and up are approaching 140 UC, Propose, Planning. NOT all will get built.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2021, 10:58 PM

Delete

Old Posted Aug 15, 2021, 11:18 PM

I need to get up with you some time. We need to grab coffee, just you and me without the crowd if you know what I mean.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2021, 12:22 PM

Isn't Paramount for all practical purposes dead? What are the chances it will be built? Especially on Church Street. Is Tony G even looking elsewhere to build it in the city? Plus with his other two residential towers under construction, and a third under review for SoBro, it seems he's going to be locked down for a minute.

Now it would be nice to see Paramount built in Nashville Yards, but that seems unlikely. The only other options would be SoBro or the east end of mid-town, close to I-40. I'd like to see him consider Lafayette Street between 4th and 6th Avenues to offset some of the low and midrise stuff being built there. And, to shift the skyline closer to I-40. I think other developers would follow suit once someone takes that initial step to build a tower in that area. Otherwise, I think it'll end up being very squatty looking. Which would be a big disappointment.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2021, 3:22 PM

Thank You

Thanks to all who contribute to this site!

Old Posted Aug 16, 2021, 3:37 PM

My thoughts on Paramount: Just went to Oklahoma City, the Devon tower is 800+ ft. It dwarfs all the other buildings in the city. This makes OKC look like one tall building and the 400 ft buildings look short.

What I am saying is, lets get a lot of 600+ then go even taller.

Side note: Paid $20 + to drive on the horrible toll roads.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2021, 9:30 PM

I understand what you mean, Nashville, about OKC. Devon is really out of scale with its neighbors. Paramount might give that effect to some degree, but Nashville has a far denser downtown with more 400+ buildings than OKC has. Also the terrain of downtown Nashville has a lot more dips and rises than the flat downtown of OKC. This has given several buildings of 350' a much more prominent profile. The Snodgrass (Tennessee) tower is one example. It's not 500', but it looks like it's nearly 700' near the pinnacle of downtown, Capitol Hill. There are already 3 towers taller than it, and 3 underway. A 700' tower won't look nearly as out of place as Devon does in OKC. On a related note: Pinnacle Financial is building a 580' tower in the Gulch. Because of where it will be, it will barely look taller than Snodgrass.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2021, 11:19 PM

I don’t think Paramount will be built on that park unless the homeless take it over again. Tony is fine with what has happened with current usage of the park right now. The tower was a solution to the problem.

I can’t comment on Tony’s future plans one way or the other. I am in contact with him from time to time!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2021, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
I understand what you mean, Nashville, about OKC. Devon is really out of scale with its neighbors. Paramount might give that effect to some degree, but Nashville has a far denser downtown with more 400+ buildings than OKC has. Also the terrain of downtown Nashville has a lot more dips and rises than the flat downtown of OKC. This has given several buildings of 350' a much more prominent profile. The Snodgrass (Tennessee) tower is one example. It's not 500', but it looks like it's nearly 700' near the pinnacle of downtown, Capitol Hill. There are already 3 towers taller than it, and 3 underway. A 700' tower won't look nearly as out of place as Devon does in OKC. On a related note: Pinnacle Financial is building a 580' tower in the Gulch. Because of where it will be, it will barely look taller than Snodgrass.
I agree. And, maybe it's just me, but I don't think that Devon Tower is totally out of scale. Obviously it stands out. But, I certainly wish Nashville had a Devon Tower. Devon is 844 feet. The next tallest building is 500 feet.
With a few more in the 400 plus foot range. Like you said, with Nashville's terrain and the number of other high rises, a tower the height of Devon wouldn't look out of place at all. Keep in mind, at one point in Nashville's history the L&C Tower stood alone.

Nashville 1957

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 2:33 PM

Delete

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 5:33 PM

Lots of big stuff bubbling beneath the surface. A couple of corporate relocations to be announced soon.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 1:44 AM

Courtesy of the Nashville Post, a new 15 story proposal in the historic portion of downtown was unveiled. It would activate both Printers and Bankers Alleys.

Here's a link to the story: Nashville Post

A few renders courtesy of STG and the Nashville Post:

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Lots of big stuff bubbling beneath the surface. A couple of corporate relocations to be announced soon.

I am hearing things on my end too but my sources are from the East Coast with some other possible large mixed use projects. Are you hearing one could be a big time company????

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 10:14 PM

Hey Texcitement, I sent a PM. Just a heads up so you will see!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
I keep up with development everywhere, but this much, this quick is unparalleled. There may be a Miami or Seattle somewhere that is building a lot or even New York with it's all high rises going up, but 140 @ 10+ story buildings proposed in a city Nashville's size is incredible.
Austin has 73 active projects greater than 150', 24 of them greater than 400' and the tallest is over 1,000'. It's great to see both city's skylines growing so rapidly!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 9:47 PM

Delete

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2021, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Austin has 73 active projects greater than 150', 24 of them greater than 400' and the tallest is over 1,000'. It's great to see both city's skylines growing so rapidly!
Wow, indeed!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2021, 6:51 PM

Deleted

Last edited by MidTenn1; Oct 21, 2021 at 2:58 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations