Quote:
Originally Posted by svlt
Sad story if you read it. Just opened in 2020 and had to wrestle with the pandemic. Further supports the narrative that the city and council are not doing anywhere near enough about the rampant crime and drug use downtown.
|
They haven't done jack for this city. Most days in the morning, the only cleaning crew I see when I walk to work are those from the DVBIA (Business Association) and non-profit organizations. You almost never see any CoV cleaning crew sweeping the streets and sidewalks. When the weather is nice, perhaps you can see a couple of cops riding their bikes on the streets (seen twice this year), but you never see cops on the beat patrolling downtown late at night. They just surf the net in their cop cars. Criminals are released once they are arrested and processed: a slap on the wrist. When the City does not enforce its own laws, criminals are emboldened, and that's why you see so many break-ins of local businesses.
This is a rather broken city I would say, and I'm really at a loss of words for what people here can do to change all that.
A security guard was stabbed at the Davie's Shopper's Drug Mart yesterday morning, and of course the criminal got away, and will possibly be forever on the loose.
Security guard stabbed multiple times after trying to stop shoplifter in Vancouver’s West End
https://globalnews.ca/news/8041866/vanco...0a,shoplifter%20just%20before%2010%20a.m.