My source just told me Nike is taking WeWork space @ 881 Peachtree. This is just temporary while they wait for office space to be built. Ultimately they are planning 300K sqft.
Any clues on the type of jobs the Atlanta office will have?
Fencing is up around the site for the 859 Spring St student tower (immediately south of the Cheetah) - looks like demolition of the 1 story building should start soon.
Please let it be as good as The Emerson or Lilli...please let it be as good as The Emerson or Lilli.
From today's ABC:
Atlanta development firm JPX Works plans to build a 33-story residential tower, accelerating Midtown's multifamily residential boom.
The tower would rise on a half-acre at 1405 Spring St. and include more than 300 units. JPX Works is partnering on the project at Spring and 18th with Zeller, a Chicago-based commercial real estate company. They have the site under contract, Josh Herndon, director of development for JPX Works, told Atlanta Business Chronicle on Friday.
A low-rise conference center on the site will be razed. It was recently used by John Marshall Law School and at one time was home to the National Museum of Patriotism.
JPX Works' apartment development would include a maximum of 350 residences, according to public documents filed with the city.
The ground level would include a lobby and commercial space. A 7-story parking garage is planned. One-, two- and three-bedroom units will be available.
Nice! North Midtown is booming. I love the way this block is developing.
I remember that some people complained about the windowless wall on the back of Canopy hotel. Well, this is why.
It’s to prevent fire from spreading, in case anyone is wondering. Windows aren’t allowed on two walls that are going to be this close together. It’s an international building code, from what I understand.
Bernie Marcus - Financial Partner
JPX Works - Development Partner
According to this rendering, "Phase II" caps the entire connector all the way to the "Atlanta Station" roadways and "Phase III" extends out over a significant portion of the connector.
According to this rendering, "Phase II" caps the entire connector all the way to the "Atlanta Station" roadways and "Phase III" extends out over a significant portion of the connector.
Not sure if you're joking, but besides the "Atlanta station" snafu I'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting this graphic lol
According to this rendering, "Phase II" caps the entire connector all the way to the "Atlanta Station" roadways and "Phase III" extends out over a significant portion of the connector.
Or not. Phase two is clearly the taller tower on the backside of the property parallel to the connector in green and phase three is the small tower in the back perpendicular to the connector. The project would go right up to the connector, but not over top of it. Hemmed in by SCAD Way and Spring.
Bernie Marcus - Financial Partner
JPX Works - Development Partner
I would not be surprised to see Bernie Marcus involved in this (potential) project but is JPX Works really involved?! They're working on the 33 story apartment project almost across street that was mentioned in the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
I would not be surprised to see Bernie Marcus involved in this (potential) project but is JPX Works really involved?! They're working on the 33 story apartment project almost across street that was mentioned in the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
I think the Jewish federation is building an old folks home for the residential portion, and the residential has more of a charitable purpose. Perhaps JPX has some Jewish partners, however I’m thinking this may be a more down to earth building. We shall see.
I think the Jewish federation is building an old folks home for the residential portion, and the residential has more of a charitable purpose. Perhaps JPX has some Jewish partners, however I’m thinking this may be a more down to earth building. We shall see.
This is the best news I've heard in a few years for the neighborhood! Residents from every "demographic mix" are needed to make a neighborhood great!
I would not be surprised to see Bernie Marcus involved in this (potential) project but is JPX Works really involved?! They're working on the 33 story apartment project almost across street that was mentioned in the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
Why are folks surprised JPX Works is involved? The Portmans are Jewish and have experience with some of the largest projects in Atlanta, as well as, other domestic and international cities.